#44: Joe x Reader

Sweat dripping down your back reminded you why you were working so hard. You wanted to lose weight so that looking in the mirror didn't seem so dreadful. Unsatisfied but tired, you stepped off the treadmill and grabbed your bag, heading to the changing room. The girls changing looked so good compared to you, you thought, so you kept in mind to work even harder next time and started changing.

Once home, you took a shower and looked at your body. You criticized every inch only liking a few toned bits that resulted from your practice. When you stepped out and dried yourself, Joe knocked on the door and stood by the doorway leaning a shoulder on the frame. He scanned your body and although he liked it, he thought you needed a break from all the work. He could see a difference and it worried him.

There was no need for you to wear yourself out so much. It was an issue he had noticed when you started going to bed at eight o'clock, something you had never done before. Weight should not be the enemy that made him spend less time with you and in poor conditions. So he spoke up.

"Babe, what are you doing?" he sounded tired but he didn't look like it.

You were just putting on some cream and foundation to cover up your freckles and some blush.

"Just some make-up, why?"

He came closer to you, "That's not what I meant," he paused, "What are you doing to yourself? You're skinnier than when we first dated, too skinny to me, you're exhausted when you come back and you wear this stuff-this powder on your face when you're face is already like staring into a warm sunset. Why do you do this?"

His hands rested on yours, still wet with drops.

"It's- I'm not happy with who I am. I see these girls and they all seem more beautiful and I want to be like them. I'm trying to." your towel was looser on your sides and that's when you realized Joe was right.

"I'm not saying you shouldn't do any of it. Because that's up to you Y/N, but I think you should cut down on it because you're enough. You shouldn't compare a pansy with a daisy because they're different and beautiful in their own ways. One is more colorful and one has more petals but that doesn't make them any less unique and appealing."

You tightened your eyes, remembering his words and felt his arms engulf you. You rested your face against his chest and breathed deeply.

"You're right. Thank you for making me realize it." you kissed his cheek and dropped your brush.

"Up for some pasta, honey?"

Joe had a crooked smile, "When aren't I? I'll boil the water. Be done in five, babe."

You nodded. This would be a change. A good change.