#43: Murr x Reader

The whole day was a complete mess. You both woke up late, had to dress up quickly, mismatched socks, found the right pair, drove to work and went about your daily schedule with constant lateness. That night, you and James planned to see the new Divergent movie so even dinner consisted of the two of you making food, burning it, doing it over and wasting more time. It was comical really, He laughed at your messy hair, worried look and grumbly belly, "Babe, don't stress just because it's an off day. It's not the end of the world. Well, look at the bright side, you'll see that guy Thomas on screen," you smiled and let him take over the stove, "It's Theo and yeah you're right." Finally dinner was cooked, but James ate faster than usual following your timely schedule and didn't have time to pace each bite, causing him to have hiccups. The first one was so sudden that you laughed, but the second and third time it happened you reached for a glass of water and told him to take quick sips because it would make it go away, "Honey, I hate to break it to you, but you know what they say, you have them once you'll definitely get them two more times," He sighed deeply and pulled a grumpy face that only lasted a few seconds. After taking sips, your method proved to be true, and you headed to the theater.

It was complete chaos, teenagers and parents were in line for last minute tickets but lucky for you, you had bought them already and simply had to show them. "We got one thing right!" James said inserting his ticket back into his pocket and taking your hand in his. You found room number 4 and realized that the previews had already started. "Just on time," you commented and sat back closing your eyes for a bit. The movie started and the brightness of the screen added to your enthusiasm.

So far the movie was full of action and lived up to your expectations when at one point of silence your boyfriend let out a loud hiccup making a few heads turn. "Oh, my God," he muttered. You giggled and then James was full on jumping in his seat from his annoying diaphragm. Impatient adults and whiny kids vigorously shushed him like it was his fault. Your only solution was to cover his mouth with your hand and hope for it to be silenced. James licked your hand and nibbled it. You truly were childish but that was the fun. When that wasn't working, James cleared his throat, hiccupped and got up. He came back minutes later with a grin, "What did I miss?" he asked so you filled him in.

The last episode of James's hiccups were that night, as soon as you laid in bed comfortably adjusting your pillow. The bed moved and he dramatically screamed as you rolled laughing stifling your sound through your pillow. He wasn't going to get up again, you knew it, so the only other trick you learned was to hold one's breath and you knew just how to accomplish that. You crawled over to him and met his lips, deepening the kiss so that he wouldn't have the chance to breathe. Well, it worked and it was much better than getting up in the middle of the night. "I rather enjoyed this method, Y/N." you kissed the tip of his nose and rolled over to finally get some rest.