☆Chapter 23☆ - Thank You

"I'll go," I say again, but look back to Ryuuzaki once more. "I have a feeling that I'll still miss something."

"Yeah," Light says. "Not just something, it's our whole plan to get Higuchi caught."

"They're trying to kill me!" Matsuda rants while I put the eyedrops in my eyes. It relieves the pain I get when looking around but leaves a slight tingly, burning feeling. That was better than what it was before.

"We'll tell her when she gets back, right now she needs a break." Ryuuzaki says.

"Actually, I won't go until I at least know the plan." I protest. Knowing how stubborn I am, Ryuuzaki sighs and allows them to tell me.

"I'm gonna be on an interview on SakuraTV, claiming that I know who Kira is. They won't show my face, but~" he puts his head down and whines.

"We're gonna lure Higuchi over to the station and ambush him there." Aizawa adds.

"Claiming that the broadcast is live?" I ask. He nods. "What's going to guarantee that Higuchi will go there?"

"He'll be talking about how he infiltrated the party where he faked his death." Light answers.

"But then he could have been any other guy that was there." I say.

"That's where the part where I get killed comes in!!" Matsuda screams once again.

"I'm not following..."

"The veil that will cover him will 'accidentally' fall over, revealing his face for a moment." Light answers. I nod in approval while simultaneously trying to figure out where I'm supposed to go. The market? A walk in the park?

"There's just one major risk in this plan:" Ryuuzaki adds "if Higuchi has the power of the second Kira and can kill by seeing only a face, then Matsuda-san will die."

They go quiet as I unlock the handcuffs. Once they're off, I massage my wrists where they sometimes would bite whenever I rested my hands on the table or got dragged around. "Ah, nobody will miss him." I say sarcastically.

"What!?"

"Don't die." I add as I begin walking off. I jump when I feel someone's arm go around my shoulders.

"You guys need to stop making her worry!" I hear Misa's voice right by my ear. "You seem to have no where to go, Ada-san! I'll take you somewhere awesome!"

"Uh, that's great but..." I trail off when she looks over to me winks quickly before talking again.

"Aw, just admit it! You were probably going to just sit on the bench outside~"

You want to talk to me? "Haha, even you saw right through that one."

"Misa!" Light calls. "Where do you plan on-?"

"-Ugh Light, why are you worried?" She throws on her typical smile and gives him a thumbs up. "No place dangerous, not like I'm gonna kill her."

~

Once outside, it's nearly completely dark. The air is brisk and there are people walking about, doing their everyday routine. Funnily enough, there actually was a bench several feet away from the front of the building. Misa takes me there and we sit. "So, why'd you bring me here?"

"I'm a little... suspicious of what was going on earlier." she says in a bit of a low voice, sounding nervous and avoiding looking me in the eye.

My eyebrows come together slightly in curiosity. "Why so...?"

"You and I both know it was weird the way you fell asleep just now." she starts, then scratches the side of her head.

"I guess so." I agree and think back on what happened.

"I uh, kinda wanted to know if something's wrong."

"Something is definitely off, but even I don't know what it is." I answer honestly, staring off ahead into the streets and the cars, bikers, and pedestrians passing by. "The only thing I can describe it as are weird dreams..." I went on furthur than I planned.

"About what?"

"Uh... w-well..." I try to figure out how to answer her.

"Nevermind." she jumps right away. "I'm sorry. But can I at least ask if that's what's stressing you out?"

"Yeah..." I say and look over to her to find that she has been giving me full attention. "And I almost get afraid to sleep sometimes, it's that bad, haha."

"It's as if Ryuuzaki wanted you to leave and wander about for a while..." she whispers.

I blink. "Wh-What?"

"Hehe, well, maybe it's because you guys are rubbing off on me and I'm a little more alert than I normally would be, or even an airhead like me can see you were wide awake until we began talking about the plan. Are you taking any medicine?"

I've never heard her speak so seriously before or noticed how observant she could be. It took me a few seconds to understand that someone like her was telling me this before answering. I guess I can expect more from a girl who caught a confession through a suspect without us planning it... "No, nothing really." I answer.

"Then... when Ryuuzaki gave you a slice of cake earlier...?" I stare at her for a moment, first trying to make sure I heard her correctly because she was talking in such a low voice, but then it hit me like a punch to the face. I lean back slightly and my eyes widen, consodering the possibility. Ryuuzaki knows there's something wrong with my memory? How could he have figured out that I'm dreaming them back!? Did I do something that gave it away? No... I don't think I did... But he found out some way. How? And why does he need me to see more of these memories? "Ada?"

"Oh!" I snap out of my thoughts, then lighten my voice to ease any more worries she may have. "I think you may be right! I have been telling him about those bad dreams and if he really did want me to get out of the house, then he planned this whole thing." I sigh, then look back towards the livley streets. "He plays dirty tricks like that all the time, maybe more things that even I don't know about... but I'm really glad you told me about this, Misa."

I turn back to see her smiling, then she jumps up. "Anything I can do to help!" Her bubbly attitude is back. "Now, since I know that you already planned on somewhere to go, I get to fool around and go where ever I want for a while~! When you get back and they ask, tell them you accompanied me as I went shopping."

"Sure thing." I say and bow slightly. "Again, thank you." If it wasn't for her... that could have completely slipped right through me... I would brushed it off and the situation could have gotten worse.

"It's nothing really! Well, see ya!"

"Bye." I turn the opposite direction she's walking and tread off, my hand going into my pocket to check for whatever money I may have. Alright Ryuuzaki, if you want me to remember everything so badly, I'll get it done before you can. I see a taxi coming by and prepare to call for it. Time to go home.

~☆~

Yes, another short one. It will be a while before they'll be the normal length or it won't happen ever again :P

~Don't forget to vote! :)

**Finally these notes have gotten tolerable.**

.

*Follow my tumblr for quick news updates, special previews, and deleted scenes! I'll also be answering and asking questions about my stories there!
https://www.tumblr.com/blog/ilive4games