# Chapter 1 # - The world's greatest detective

*** I do not own anything from the manga or anime Death Note, but God bless who ever wrote the original :D And I may be a wimp for saying this, but I don't curse, so if there is a curse word in this story, please note that it's in the script xD Yeah yeah, just go and read. And pretend there was another seat next to Matsuda's xD Hope you like it! ^^ ***

*Follow my tumblr for quick news updates, special previews, and deleted scenes! I'll also be answering and asking questions about my stories there!
https://www.tumblr.com/blog/ilive4games

~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*

Chapter 1

PART 1 "THE CASE"

~The human who's name is written in this note shall die.~

I put on my headset that we're all supposed to wear as I sit down in the auditorium, waiting for the conference to begin. I have a habit of arriving early for events in which I take every little detail seriously, down to the last whisper of any information. There were many desks over in the floor area just ahead of the stage, where the giant screen behind it was pure white, illuminating the darkened room. I'm usually the first one to arrive, or one of the first, unless I bring someone along with me. Usually, it's that new guy, Matsuda. They needed someone to show him around and explain a lot of the ways we do our investigating, and they chose me, since I've been around for a little over a year. I may be new, but I was told my deductive skills are phenomenal.

I was an orphan, at a place in Windchester, England, known as Whammy's House. But in my last week of being 18, I was finally adopted, and I moved to Japan. My parents and one other are the only ones who know my name, and all other friends or other people just know me as, well, whatever I tell them. And I have a very good reason for keeping it that way. Well, it's been like that ever since I was dropped off at Whammy's House, but you don't need to know my past, here is the reason why we're having this giant conference.

Criminals are dying at the same time of sudden heart-attacks, and once they're dead, they can't be revived. It's as if once they die, there's no chance of them ever coming back to life, even when CPR is inflicted. They've tried, and it didn't work for any of the victims they attempted to save. Since these were just sudden, they couldn't have gotten them because of health issues, and they weren't natural, either, so we'd thought that we can just revive them, but nothing is working. Getting off of that subject, we're going to consider if these heart-attacks are actually murders, which I believe they are. It was the first thing that struck my mind when I realized these deaths were going in a pattern, happening every week, and that they all die at the same exact time. How can the media point this out as "inexplicable deaths"?

Being stuck deep in my thoughts, I realized that Matsuda had arrived and took the seat next to mine, even though all seats were assigned. He had brought a cup of coffee.

"Here, you really look like you could use this," he says as he hands me the cup.

"Thanks, I kinda do." I take a sip and stare blankly at the enormous screen while Matsuda puts on his headset and takes his seat.

"Did you even sleep last night?" Damn, it's noticable? I was up going on countless research sights about Kira, which is what the people decided to name this murderer after the English word, "killer". I remained silent and took another sip of the coffee. "You do realize you might kill yourself if you stay up every night."

"I'm not up every night, relax. I can't help it, I want to help solve this case, no matter what obstacles appear." I tell him, now taking a gulp at the warm, bitter cup of caffeine.

Death Note - J (Discontinued)On viuen les histories. Descobreix ara