▲Chapter 18▲ - Love or Confusion?

*** I'd like to give you guys a heads up that this will be the worst chapter I've ever written, okay? Heh - yeahhhh. Also note that I will no longer use caps-lock for yelling sequences. If you should know that they're reeeeeaaaallllllyyyyy yelling, it will be in italics. Which looks like this xD***

If I reaaaalllly wanted to go back in time and bash my head in with a baseball bat, I would have.

.

*Follow my tumblr for quick news updates, special previews, and deleted scenes! I'll also be answering and asking questions about my stories there!
https://www.tumblr.com/blog/ilive4games

~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*

Chapter 18 - Part 2 intro

Part Two: "Yotsuba"

~In the world of gods of death, there are a few copies of what humans may call user guidebooks for using the DEATH NOTE in the human world. However, the guidebook is not allowed to be delivered to humans.~

"So I have a game: the person who remains sane for the longest time wins." I joke as a resulf of the few annoyances we've had from the chains so far; most involved tripping. We stayed at the sectional couch we chose after the conversation about a headquarters building since it has the right about of room for all of us to sleep. With a desk nearby, the lit computer screens offered a small nightlight.

"I lost." Light says after yawning. I chuckle at both his comment and sleepiness.

"Sorry, you joined the club that won't let you sleep."

"Just my luck, eh?"

"And you, Ryuuzaki?" I ask. But we get no response - he's in his own world. Thinking, theorizing, planning, and predicting the cause and effect. "I think we should quiet down now."

"Agreed." Light says and grabs a nearby pillow. "'Night."

"Goodnight." I say as he lies down.

It's quiet for a while; I resort to staring at the computer screensaver. Just leaves falling in water, which butchers the reflection of trees in the water with the ripples they cause. By the time I get bored of it, Light's asleep. I purposely added as much distance between us incase I need to talk to Ryuuzaki during the night. But for now, in case Light isn't completely out yet, I think to myself.

The first two weeks of confinement for Light made us certain that he was Kira. The killings had stopped immediately and he accepted that he 'could' be Kira. Then, the moment the killings started again, he completely changed. He became so innocent, and genuinely sounded so and even appeared so in every way. Although we never bought it, since even now it could be an act... there was just something about that. Let's say that Light did become a "different person", and at the same time Kira started killing again, then... is Kira's power passed to different people? This Light is who Yagami Light is if the power of Kira was given to a different person? That's why he seems so trustworthy...

But if he does that, then... the moment we catch a suspect, he'll switch... No, Light will continue to switch. He's the original finding a way to hide it. Then how can we hope to prove that it's him if he's not even Kira at the time?

"He's ever-changing with whatever ESP power that was given to him..." I start. "This Light right here isn't Kira right now."

"Did you think the same thing?" Ryuuzaki asks in a low voice, nearly whispering. "He passes his powers over to others?" I answer with a nod.