↑ Chapter 11 ↓ - This Isn't Like Him

*** Hi :3 I think this schedule is working out pretty good for me, so I might keep it this way with other stories. Now that's a maybe, 'cause clearly, I said might keep it this way. And this is one of my favorite episodes in the first season. There's just so much action, yet, the storyline isn't completely messed up from it. Ya know, how some movies seem to have only fist fights, arguments, and car crashes? That's kinda like what those movies seem like to me, with a hard to understand storyline ._. Anyways, just letting you know that I might get a little carried away with this one, I don't even know yet xD And this is my first chapter in Microsoft word, so I think the quotation marks will be the correct, curly formed ones instead of the two straight lined ones. I can't be the only one who gets really annoyed by that am I? For best experience, I suggest you listen to L's theme A when the second "How to use it" pops up :D It was like that in the actual episode :D ***

Edit: Hey! :3 This is :) satire on my :D old author's notes xD!

.

*Follow my tumblr for quick news updates, special previews, and deleted scenes! I'll also be answering and asking questions about my stories there!
https://www.tumblr.com/blog/ilive4games

~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~

Chapter 11

~When the owner of the DEATH NOTE dies while the Note is being lent, it's ownership will be transferred to the person who is holding it at that time.~

"Regarding Misora Naomi's disappearance," Ukita starts, "shouldn't we open an investigation into this matter?" We're in a small meeting consisting of Aizawa Matsuda, Ukita, Ryuuzaki, and I.

"If we do," Ryuuzaki replies, "it should be coordinated separately from the Kira case. Also, we'll have to use police sketches instead of actual photos."

"We're talking about someone who's been missing for four months already." Aizawa says. "Chances are she's probably dead."

"If you're right about that, I find it odd that we haven't found her body yet." Ryuuzaki says. "If we did, it might provide us with some much needed physical evidence."

The meeting room of yet another hotel is lit with a soft orange color from the setting sun. Evening is starting to arrive, and something we were never expecting happened after those words were said. Watari enters the room, a slight sense of urgency in his voice.

"Ryuuzaki, something seems to be happening, on Sakura T.V." He orders. We draw the curtains for the obvious reasons; no one can spy through the windows and such, and switch on the T.V. Ryuuzaki was the only one sitting, the rest of us standing; waiting for any sudden command to obey. The T.V. screen lights up the practically pitch-black room, and a man's voice full of assurance came out through the speakers.

"-in other words, all of the reporters and staff here are Kira's hostages. Aside from that, we have a professional obligation to share this message with you. I assure you that this is not a hoax, and that Sakura T.V. is not airing this tape to the purposes of sensationalism."

"Kira's hostages!?" Aizawa repeats.

"What is this?" says Ukita. My eyes focus directly on the screen, and I take in every single word the person is saying.

"Four days ago," the man starts, "our program director here at Sakura T.V. received tape. After a thorough examination, there could be no doubt that they are from Kira himself. The first tape we received contained a prediction, regarding the time of death of two suspected criminals who'd recently been arrested. And as predicted, at the exact time that Kira had specified, both men died suddenly of heart-attacks yesterday." If this is that they're saying is true, it's obviously something only Kira can do.