* Chapter 19 * - Matsuda Screws Up

Chapter 19

~"Shinigami... a god of death, huh? I knew you would come. In fact, I've been waiting for you, Ryuk." - Yagami Light.~

"Alright, for the time being, I want you to go over this list here." Yagami orders Mogi.

"Yes, sir."

Everyone was back to working again. It was around nightfall the next day and
Misa and Matuda have already left for the model's movie shoot. Which, coincidentally, is near the Yostuba main office building. And for everyone else, we continue the investigation into Yotsuba to see if they are the new culprit. It's a bit slow considering Light had covered most of it already, but it gets back on when the familiar beeping call from Watari fills our ears. Ryuuzaki answers.

"Ryuuzaki."

"Yes, what is it?"

"The detective known as Erald Coil has just received a private request to investigate and reveal the identity of L."

"Isn't Erald Coil supposed to be the second greatest detective in the world after L himself?" Yagami asks as we made our way around the computer. "Who on earth would send such a request?"

"The man who sought out Coil's service is Masahiko Kida." Watari says. "The head of the rights and planning department of the Yotsuba's group and headquarters in Tokyo."

"So it is Yotsuba." Yagami says.

"We know that Yotsuba must be linked to Kira." Light says. "If they're trying to find out L's identity, it's probably because they wanna kill him and need that information to do it."

"This isn't good. We're already short-handed enough as it is, and now we've got Coil to worry about."

"Ryuuzaki, what are you going to do?" I ask him.

"Rest assured, everyone." Ryuuzaki answers. "The detective known as Erald Coil is me. It's actually pretty simple; three of the greatest detectives in the world: L, Coil, and Danuve are all actually me." Again, you never cease to amaze. "It's been in my experience that people who try to find me usually fall for this." He grabs a strawberry from his plate and turns around. "I'll give you this strawberry if you keep it a secret, okay?"

Mogi ends up taking the strawberry and puts it in his pocket. ...Okay...?

"I'm impressed as always, Ryuuzaki." Light conpliments.

"Alright," Aiber says, "I just have to get close to him, right?" he repeats, referring to the Yotsuba worker Masahiko.

"And, you want me to make sure that we're able to breech the security and override the surveillance cameras in the Yotsuba's groups' head office? Is that all?" Weddy, who was smoking, recites.

"Yes," says Ryuuzaki. "At this point it seems safe to assume that Kira and the Yotsuba group are connected or working together. We're going to investigate Yotsuba to determine who holds Kira's power, and if there's more than one person who possesses this ability. We need a clear understanding quickly.

"We cannot let anyone from Yotsuba figure out that we are investigating them. Please realize that if they do know this, it means we won't be able to catch Kira. Please be sure not to act impulsively out of panic or haste. And don't take matters into your own hands -"

The laptop beeped again. Watari spoke to us with a hint of urgency in his voice.

"Ryuuzaki..."