¶ Chapter 9 ¶ - He can defend and attack

*** I hate to break it to you guys, but this is a filler ;_; Don't kill me. I'LL SEARCH FOR YOUR NAME!! Ahahaha jk. Enjoy! And I'd like to apologize if the last chapter was poorly formatted and the story seemed to go by too quick, I was kinda rushing on that one. I'll try to make it better next time, just not this time xD Once again, enjoy! Aaaand, like I said, I don't curse (go ahead and call me a wimp, cause I am) so when Light explodes, please note that it's in the script :D ***

Edit: Okay so I really don't know why I'm keeping the original notes, but I might be on to something. I guess those notes can be hints for readers new to the book on how it was written before editing...

.

*Follow my tumblr for quick news updates, special previews, and deleted scenes! I'll also be answering and asking questions about my stories there!
https://www.tumblr.com/blog/ilive4games

~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*

Chapter 9

~Even after the individual's name, the time of death, and death condition on the DEATH NOTE were filled out, the time and condition of death can be altered as many times as you want, as long as it is changed within 6 minutes and 40 seconds from the time it was filled in. But, of course, this is only possible before the victim dies.~

A plan that's not too badly thought out. Of course there's always the possibility of a stand in, such as Lind L Tailor, but just from the fact that Light now knows that this guy is L, then if he were to die soon after this day, Light is Kira. Oh, I wonder what's going through his head right now? How does he plan against this and evade? I notice it myself that I would rather not be in Light's possition right now. It was a smart move, he probably never considered the possibility that L would reveal his identity to him, let alone show up in public. But praising L's plan has to wait; I have to play my part and act surprised that the detective called L has just shown his face to both of us.

I notice Light turn his face to say something to L, his mouth opening to speak. My breath hitches in suspense. "If you are who you say you are, then you have nothing but my respect and admiration." I relax immediately after down and come up with my own reaction.

"I'd feel the same way, but... why?" I ask. "L wouldn't just-" I switch the course of my sentence "-to two random students?"

"Thank you," Ryuuzaki replies to Light, then to me. "And that's understandable; I'm usually under the radar. The reason I chose to reveal my identity to you guys is because I think you can be of some help to us on the Kira investigation." Ryuuzaki explains and turns back to watch the multiple speeches being given by the other important people in the school program.

To add on to the act, I stare at Ryuuzaki's sudden attention change for a moment looking as if I'm trying not to seen baffled, then slowly face the stage as well. Throughout those few movements, I felt Light's stare in the corners of my eyes. I should seem believable enough, since I copied my first-impression actions that I had upon meeting Ryuuzaki for the first time and used them here.

The chance that the mass murderer Kira is Yagami Light is just on the 5% mark, but still, I can't find any reason not to suspect him. What if he's already thinking that we're suspecting the people Raye Penber was tailing before he died? Does Ryuuzaki plan on trying to become a friend of Light's as well, and if so, then why? Did he not assign that job to me? I should just trust his plan and play along, else anything I do that doesn't follow through with it can cause problems. Unless... he's figuring out more to the plan as he plays it out.

~Whenever you want to change anything written on the DEATH NOTE within 6 minutes and 40 seconds after you wrote, you must first rule out the characters you want to erase with two straight lines.~