○ Chapter 14 ○ - A Friend...

*** I know I said I might not update this weekend but a miracle happened with my homework schedule and I got a free day!! ENJOY!!!!! ***

Bleh.

.

*Follow my tumblr for quick news updates, special previews, and deleted scenes! I'll also be answering and asking questions about my stories there!
https://www.tumblr.com/blog/ilive4games

~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~

Chapter 14

~If you have traded the eye power of a god of death you will see a person's primary life span in the human world.~

I'll arrange for her to meet L, she'll tell me his name, then I'll eliminate the entire task force. And when that's done, I'll kill her too. After all, she's the only person who knows Kira's true identity - the only one. I can't let her live much longer.

Light pulls away from the hug with Misa, whose spirits seem to have leapt in those few moments.

"So, we'll just pretend, Light?"

"Y-you're already calling me Light?" He questions the sudden informality.

"Maybe I can call you Knight! I've always wanted a Knight in shining armor..." she swoons.

"Light's fine..."

"So, you'll just pretend?" she repeats. "I guess it's a good start. Well now that we talked about that, could you show me your Shinigami? I really wanna see him."

After Light shows her Ryuk and explains his plans, Misa tells Light the story of how Shinigami can die. The Shinigami has to care enough for a certain human; in other words, love them. When that human's life span is supposed to come to an end by another human, then that should happen. But if the shinigami uses the Death Note to save that human from their murderer, then the human's life span will not only be extended, but extended far beyond its natural end; and the shinigami will die.

Armed with this knowledge that could maybe be used to get rid of pesky Rem, Light explains everything he wanted Misa to do: to send in one last fake Kira message to throw the police off in their investigation, and how she will cooperate with him. Misa promises to do whatever Light wants her to do - that she'll do anything.

"There's one more thing I need you to do," Light says eventually.

"What's that?"

"If you get arrested by the police, or if you're ever brought in for questioning, never mention anything about us or the Death Note. As long as they don't get a hold of that Notebook, there's no proof that you did anything. Can you promise to say nothing?"

"I promise. So this must mean that we're officially boyfriend and girlfriend now, aren't we?" She asks excitedly.

"Well, sure I guess."

"Then I'd like to add one condition," Misa held up her index finger corresponding to what she just said. "you have to go on a date with me at least once a week."

Unbelievable; she still doesn't get it! "We can't." Light reminds her in a bitter tone.

"But why?" Misa whines.

"It looks like I'm gonna have to spell this out for you. L already suspects that I'm Kira. Do you see what I'm saying here?" Misa disregards the point and focuses on something else. Her eyes widen as she gasps.