¤ Chapter 27 ¤ - He Can Run, But He Can't Hide

Your eyes are not deceiving you, this really is Chapter 27! May be short compared to the others, but hey, I ACTUALLY WROTE A CHAPTER! WOO!!

So I haven't written in a long time. Unless I go back to edit it - the way others are adressed will change.

I'll go back to the beginning and edit them later!

Unedited chapter, so please excuse the mistakes you may find :)

.

*Follow my tumblr for quick news updates, special previews, and deleted scenes! I'll also be answering and asking questions about my stories there!
https://www.tumblr.com/blog/ilive4games

    ¤¤¤

    Did I really have a different life back at the House then I thought it has been this whole time? Have my memories been confused this whole time and decided to start returning during the worst time possible? And to top it all off, Ryuuzaki knows about it. He seems to know about it more than I do at this point. But what exactly happened?  Why did I want to think that life back there was different? I was too attached to people I never even knew, and thought that dorgettinf about it would solve my problems - funny that doing that did everything to make it worse. I want to know again... It's all in the journal I brought home... But now isn't the time. I need to focus on the case;  with the peace of mind that I have the answers within my reach, I can focus on my work for now. One things can settle down, I'll talk to Ryuuzaki about it. I hope he doesn't drag me into another lie...

    "Ada-san."

    My eyes open to see most of the surface of the desk, tilted sideways, a few papers in the distance. I lift myself up while rubbing my eyes. I wasn't trying to sleep but lied my head down to think for a while. "Hm?"

    "It's time." Light tells me.

    "To call Namikawa?" I ask while staring up to the giant screen.

    "Yeah." he picks up the phone.

    "Wait, why is Light calling him?" Misa asks as he dials in the number. No one answers her.

    "Hey," Ryuuzaki softly whispers next to me. I turn to him. "What did you dream about?"

    I don't want to play your little game right now. "I wasn't sleeping." I answer, sounding a little more cold than I had intented.

    "Don't bother her, Ryuu-"

    Misa is cut off by a voice coming from the speaker. "Hello? This is Namikawa."

    "It's L." Light says into the phone; the room is so silent for a second that you could hear a pin drop. "Namikawa-san, are you alone right now?"

   "No." he answers cooly.

    "Then please respond like last time."

    What he says next really catches my attention. "That won't be necessary." I sit up straighter as my mind truly begins to focus more. "Someone noticed that our last call seemed a bit strange."

    Does this person know anything else?

    "L. Right now Midou and Shimura are with me, and I can assure you that none of them are Kira nor do they side with him."

    "Oh..." I whisper. I find that interesting, of course - Light looks completely lost and probably wants to look at us for help.

    "They're willing to play along in this battle between L and Kira, just like me."