Chapter 85

A couple days later it was our actual anniversary. Prince and I went to a suite in a hotel nearby for the day and overnight while the others watched Devon for us. Around the time we were on our third round of sex for the evening, Prince's cell phone rang. He didn't answer, but then mine stared ringing. "Baby what if it's about Devon." I say, while kissing his chest. Prince reached over and grabbed my phone. "Hello? This better be good!" He slightly yells while continuing to thrust into me.
"Prince, it's Lenny." I could hear through the receiver. Prince sighs and rolls his eyes.
"Look man, it's our anniversary today and we are actually right in the middle of celebrat..."
"It's Devon! She's at Doctor's Hospital. You and Jensen need to get here now." Lenny informs him, causing Prince to quickly pull out of me and me to shoot up out of the bed.
"What's going on?! Why are you with our child?!" Prince yells angrily.
"Look just get here and I can explain." Lenny responds. Prince hangs up and throws the phone to the ground.
"Oh my god! What's going on?!" I exclaim.
"I don't know! All I know is Devon better be ok and there better be a good reason why Lenny has her! Where is everyone else?! They're all fired!" He screams in rage as we both get dressed.
Thankfully the hospital was close by. As we ran to the room number the front desk gave us, we passed Lenny in a waiting area. Prince pauses and rushes to Lenny and grabs him by the collar, "what did you do to her?!!! I'll kill you motherfucker! You better pray she's ok, or I will kill you with my bare hands!"
I pull Prince off him, "baby let go of him. Let's find her room. Come on. Now!"
Prince follows me while still yelling threats at Lenny. We found the room and quickly go inside. Devon was laying in the hospital bed, either asleep or unconscious. There was a nurse inside the room and we immediately start grilling her. "We are her parents. What happened?!" Prince demands.
"She was stung by a jellyfish. She apparently stuck one of its tentacles in her mouth. She may also be allergic so we did administer an epinephrine shot to her. With the combination of her age, location of the sting, and possible allergy it was a very serious situation. If Mr. Kravitz wouldn't have reacted so thoughtfully and quickly, it could have been a fatal result. We are expecting a full recovery though. She's a tough little girl." She smiles at us.
"Where's the doctor?! I would like to speak with the doctor." Prince insists and the nurse leaves to retrieve him.
We rush over to Devon, whose lips are swelled up to at least five times their normal size. "How could they let this happen?!" I shriek.
"I don't know! I WILL get to the bottom of it! Where the hell are all of them right now?! Do they not care enough to even be here?! They almost kill our daughter and then what?! Relaxing in paradise?!" Prince yells, his chest heaving up and down with anger.
"That can't be right. There has to be an explanation. Let's just wait to see what really happened before we make any snap decisions or reactions, ok? I know you're angry and scared. So am I! But she's going to be ok." I assure him. Just then the doctor walks in and he reiterated everything the nurse had said. "When can she leave?" I ask.
"We would like to keep her overnight. She should be able to check out tomorrow if no other complications arise." The doctor responds. After a little more discussion, he leaves us alone with Devon and she begins waking up. "Hi baby girl." Prince says, picking her up and cradling her. "Thank God you are ok. My life would be over if anything ever happened to you...or mommy.  You two silly girls need to quit always getting into the things that send you to the hospital. This old guy can't take much more."
I sit down beside them and rub her back. "My poor sweet baby. I bet you are in a lot of pain. Mommy will make sure to find out how to help that." I assure her. Looking up at Prince, I say "we need to go say something to Lenny. They probably haven't given him any information...."
"As they shouldn't. He's not family. I don't have anything to say to him, other than leave." Prince fires back.
"Baby, I'm just as confused and upset about why he was around her as you, but you heard what the nurse said. He saved her life."
Prince sighed loudly. "Fine. Go tell him she will be ok, thanks, and he can go home."
"Ok. Aren't you coming with me?" I ask.
"No, I don't want to leave Devon alone. And I really don't think I can be civil towards him, so if you think you can, then go ahead."
"Ok." I say hesitantly and then exit the room and head towards the area we had seen Lenny. He was sitting in a chair, his hands clasped together, his head down, almost like he was praying. "Lenny?" I softly say. He looks up and stands to his feet quickly. His eyes looked a little red, almost like he has been crying. "Jensen, I'm so sorry. I didn't do anything to her. I would never do something like that..."
I know that. Prince knows that too. He was just scared. But she's going to be ok." I tell him.
"Oh thank God." His whole body relaxing. I wasn't sure if it was more relief for Devon or himself, but either way a weight had been visibly lifted off of him. "It was terrifying there for awhile."
"So what exactly happened? All we really know is she was stung by a jellyfish on the lips or mouth..."
"Yeah. She was trying to put one of its tentacles in her mouth. So her fingers got stung too I'm sure. It had washed up on the shore, and she crawled over to it before anyone could stop her." He explained.
"Where was that? Here in Nassau?"
"No, in Eleuthera. Your whole crew came over..."
"What?!!!" I shrieked. "In a boat?"
"I don't know. I guess. They showed up near my home. I was out on the beach and stumbled upon them. I was only around them for a few minutes when it happened. And I snatched Devon up, and drove her to a local clinic. She kept getting worse though and they suggested I bring her here, but I didn't want to risk the long boat ride so I got a plane to fly us over."
"Thank you. I don't know how I could ever repay you." I choke out.
"You don't have to repay me Jensen. I have a child too and I would want someone to take care of her if I wasn't around. Anyone would have done the same thing."
"Well apparently not everyone since the other adults didn't do a damn thing, nor are they even here. I can't believe them. How dare they take my child on a long boat ride, first of all, without my permission. And then I guess out of the 7 of them, none of them could watch Devon close enough to keep her away from something dangerous!" I felt myself getting really worked up.
"Well in their defense, I was the only one with a vehicle or who knew where the clinic was, I sort of left before they even had a chance to react. They probably had to catch a boat back and it's taking awhile. I'm sure they care deeply for your daughter..."
He was cut off by the seven topics of our discussion rushing down the hallway. "Oh my God, Jensen!" Diana yells. "Is she ok?"
"Yes, she will be fine. You better all get your story straight or come up with some good reason for why my daughter was taken over to another island without my permission. Then gets stung by a jellyfish! Are you all that incompetent?! Prince is going to have all your heads on a platter!"
Before I could even finish my rant, they all started trying to explain at once. Mostly all I caught was Amy's name being spilled from everyone's mouth.
"What a shocker! Amy seems to be the cause of the disaster! As usual! You're fired Amy! Effective now! Get your shit and leave, and don't return to Paisley." I demand.
"You aren't my boss! I didn't do anything wrong! I'm not leaving until I talk to Prince!" She shrieks in defense.
"Oh you want to talk to Prince?! Are you crazy?! I'm letting you off easy! He won't! Are you sure about that?!" I ask.
"Go get him!" She commands.
I stomp off towards Devons room and quickly explain what was going on to Prince. A nurse was in the room and Prince asked her to stay so we could leave. As soon as Amy saw Prince, she started pleading her case. "Listen! I didn't do anything wrong! Jensen is trying to fire me..."
"She's not trying Amy, she did fire you!" Prince responds. "We don't want to ever lay eyes on you again. I'll send you your last paycheck in the mail."
"Sure you won't want to hand deliver it?! Putting on a good show in front of everyone, especially Jensen. Little does she know how much you've wanted in my pants for years!"
"Fuck you Amy! This is exactly why you are getting fired. You're vile!" Prince exclaims.
"You didn't think that less than a year ago, right after your mom died and you showed up at my house."
"I came over bc you said you had stuff for us. I didn't even see you! Don't you dare lie!" He threatens her.
"I'm not the one lying Jensen, he is! We didn't do anything, but that's bc I turned him down. Apparently y'all were in some kind of fight or he was turned off by your pregnant body or was just upset after his mom's death. That's what I blamed it on bc he never tried it before or after...but it could be bc I turned his ass down..."
"You fucking bitch!!!! I've never come on to you! And I would never cheat on my wife. Just leave Amy!" Prince shouts.
"Gladly! I was tired of working for you anyway! Not much left to do! You're a washed up has been that nobody is calling up about anymore! You and Jensen just enjoy your little pathetic life with your fucking mute..."
I lunged towards her and everyone stepped in between her and me. Prince, Brian, and Kim were holding me back while Maria, Diana, and their husbands were forcing Amy to shut up and leave. Once she was out of sight, I shrugged all of them off of me and sprinted to Devons room. I asked the nurse to leave and then I let all my emotions out. I started sobbing uncontrollably and melted into a fetal position on the floor. I hear the door open and Prince kneels down beside me and pulls me up to a sitting position. "Get your hands off of me!" I demanded, swatting his hands.
"Baby! What did I do?!" He exclaims.
"I knew something happened that night you were gone!"
"Nothing happened! And nothing almost happened! Are you kidding me?! She was making it up! I swear on Devon's life!!!"
"Don't you dare!" I shout, rising to my feet.
"I will bc it's true! I would never cheat on you Jensen. No matter how mad I was at you! With anyone! Especially Amy! Give me a break!"
"How did she know we were in a fight then, huh? Nobody knew! So if you didn't even see her, how did she know that?!"
"She didn't! Or maybe she knew after the fact! But she was just taking guesses to make it seem like I was desperate enough to be coming on to her. Which I wasn't! You've got to believe me! If you believe her, you're letting her win!"
"I don't want to talk about it right now. I'm here bc my child is hurt. Nothing else is important right now."
"She's my child too Jensen. Don't do this momma. Especially right now! And with Lenny right out there, waiting in the wings."
"What are you afraid I'm going to run off to him? When are you going to get over that? You don't trust me either."
"I don't trust him! Just like you shouldn't trust Amy! We know each other baby. Just remember that. Come on, it our anniversary. Is this how you want to spend it?"
"In a hospital with my hurt baby...no!"
"You know what I mean. Come on. Let's go back to the bungalow tonight and finish what's left of our anniversary."
"And leave Devon?! You're crazy! No! I'm staying here! You can leave if you want..."
"Baby, the nurse said we have to leave after 9:00 tonight. They don't allow overnight guests, even parents! It's against hospital policy...."
"Fuck their policy. I'll just demand she be released then."
"I don't like it either momma. But I don't want to take her too early. What if she has any more complications?! We would never forgive ourselves."
"Fine. But I'm coming back first thing in the morning, and taking her home. I don't want to be here anymore! I want everyone fired! And maybe I don't even want to go back to Paisley. Maybe Devon and I should go visit my family in LA. I don't know what I want...."
"Baby stop! Don't say something you will regret. Let's just tell Devon bye and leave. Let me get you back to the bungalow and we can hold each other. I need it too." Prince suggests. I wasn't ready to agree to anything.