Chapter 58

"Ok geez baby! Stop taking pictures of her

"Ok geez baby! Stop taking pictures of her. How many pictures do we need of her asleep?" I ask as we wait to be released from the hospital the following day.
"I can't help it! She is so precious. I just want to get home and show her off." Prince beams while snapping another picture.
"Put the camera away!" I order. Prince ignores me and keeps taking pictures from different angles and she begins to cry. "See what you did?! Now put it away!" I demand, scooping her up. "What's wrong sugar? Is it time to eat?" I ask her softly. I begin nursing her as we wait for the ok to leave. "This fucking hurts but it has to be the most adorable thing ever to watch her suck." I giggle.
"Jensen let's refrain from dropping the f bomb while holding the baby." Prince suggests.
"Ok. This hurts so bad! Yes it does! It's killing me." I coo at her, making Prince laugh.
"I'll rub some cream on it when you get done momma." He says, wiggling his eyebrows at me.
"Getting frisky is the last thing on my mind." I say to him as I switch Devon to the other breast. "I hope she's getting enough. I mean I know my milk hasn't come in yet..."
"Then what the heck is she sucking out of you?!" Prince exclaims.
"It's called colostrum. It's supposed to be great for the baby. Then in a couple days, it will be the 'milk.'"
"So your boobs are going to get even bigger?!" He exclaimed.
"Is that the only thing you took from that?" I say, rolling my eyes. "Yeah, probably, I guess."
"Good lord momma!!! They're going to be as big as my head!"
"Shut up!" I giggle.
Finally around 1:00 we were discharged and Prince prepared to leave first. "Bye my pretty girls. I'll see you at home." He says, kissing us both. Turning to Mark, he says "take care of them. Make sure she's strapped in correctly and drive slow."
"I will. You have my word."
Thankfully it went off without a hitch and nobody was outside the hospital or Paisley. We had managed to keep it all under wraps. As soon as I walk into the lobby, Diana and Maria rush to me. "I won paper, rock, scissors so I get to hold her first!" Diana squealed. "May I?"
"Of course" I say as I handed her over.
"She is stunning! Wow!" Diana said.
"You two did good!" Maria added.
Prince winks at me as he thanks Mark and sends him home for a couple days off. Amy walks up and peers over Diana's shoulder. "Cute kid." She says and then turns to us. "Hey so I was going to talk y'all about some of this charity stuff."
"Ok..." I begin.
"No! Not ok! Amy! We just got home with our newborn baby. Don't come to us with work shit! I'll tell you when to talk to me about work again. Until then, don't bother me. Just figure it out. Got it?"
"Got it!" She huffs. "If you are this grouchy now, what the hell will you be like after weeks of no sex?!"
"Amy!" Diana exclaims. "I will help you. Leave them alone and don't say stuff like that."
"Yes, mother!" She replies. "Keep that cry machine away from me while I'm working." She adds as she walks off.
"I'm this close to firing her ass!" Prince growls. "Honey why don't you go rest? You won't be getting the baby back for awhile anyway."
"Ok. I'm going to take you up on that. Just bring her to me when she needs fed." I say, heading to the elevator.
Thinking Prince would follow me, I giggle as I see he is gushing over Devon to Maria and Diana. "She is so perfect. She has the cutest cry and check out these..." I didn't hear the rest as the elevator door closed, but my smile was as wide as my face.
As soon as my head hit my own bed and pillow, I was out like a light. About two hours later, Prince wakes me up holding a fussy Devon. "I just changed her momma, but I think she is hungry. I tried to hold off as long as possible, but not getting anything out of my pinky finger was frustrating her."
"Oh honey don't do that. If she need to eat, she needs to eat. Come here precious." I say, reaching out for her.
"Uh uh wait. Daddy needs a kiss first." Prince smirks pulling her away from my grasp.
I lean in and plant a tender kiss on his full lips. "Now give me my baby." I laugh.
"Your baby huh? She looks more like me than I thought she was going to...."
"I think so too." I smile. "Oh shoot baby can you bring me the Percocet? I'm starting to hurt."
He rushes off to get it and brings it back with some water and fruit. "You need to eat baby. I'll feed you while you feed her."
"Ok." I agree. I finished before Devon, so the remainder of the time I was nursing, Prince sat beside me and watched. After a couple minutes of silence, he softly whispers "I love her so much Jensen. I can't even describe it."
"I know. Me too. It's hard to fathom how you can love so hard, so fast." I reply.
"And I didn't think it was possible, but I've fallen even more in love with you." He adds.
"Me too Prince. I've never been so happy in my entire life." We leaned in for a passionate kiss and it was apparent we both wanted more but knew it wasn't an option. I laid Devon in the bassinet since she was fast asleep and asked Prince to cuddle with me. The next thing I remember is him shaking me saying "Jensen honey wake up. Something's wrong...."
"Is it the baby?!" I raise up in a panic.
"No. Momma you're soaked. I think you have a fever."
He was right. It was like I had just jumped in a pool...my pjs were damp and clinging to my skin, my hair was dripping, and I was freezing. I look over to see Prince removing his clothes bc I had gotten him wet too. "I'm calling the doctor. How are you feeling?" He said, grabbing the phone.
"I just feel cold. This boob is kinda hurting." I say, taking off my shirt and touching my left breast.
"Baby it's red." Prince says to me and then apparently Dr. Thatcher answers. "Hey this is Prince. Jensen just woke up in a pool of sweat...no, we haven't checked her temperature but she no doubt has a fever. She is complaining of one of her breasts hurting and it looks a little red. Mmmhmmm ok...ok...thanks." He said and then hangs up.
"What did she say?" I asked.
"She wants us to take your temperature. If it is above 103, she wants us to call her back immediately. If it is less than that she said to put a hot compress on it and she will stop by later tonight and check. She said it was probably mastitis and she could prescribe an antibiotic for it. She said it won't hurt the baby and to keep breastfeeding on that side bc it actually helps. So I want you to take off your clothes. I'm going to start you a bath and grab the thermometer." He quickly goes and draws and bath and jets out to find a thermometer. He returns quickly and I stick it in my mouth while he strips the bed of the covers. Once it beeps, I take it out and look at it. "It's 102 baby."
"Ok. We will keep checking every hour or so until the doctor gets here. Let me help you into the bath and then I'm taking these down for Maria to wash."
He comes back within a few minutes and begins getting a hot rag prepared for me. He hands it to me and I lean back and place it on my left breast. "Can you check on the baby please?"
"I already did momma. She is snoozing away. Maybe she will be the type who can sleep through a tornado." He laughs.
"Why don't you join me in here honey? First time I've been able to take something other than a lukewarm bath in almost nine months. It feels amazing."
"What about Devon...."
"She's not going anywhere." I tease. "Just leave the door open so we can hear if she wakes up. We can't watch her every second like a hawk."
"I did last night in the hospital." Prince admitted.
"Baby did you really? You didn't sleep at all did you? You were always awake when I was nursing. So when I would put her down, you stayed up?"
"Yeah. Partly bc I just couldn't take my eyes off her. She's so perfect and I just kept staring at her and thanking God. But also I kept thinking what if something happens while we are sleeping and we don't hear it...."
"I know it's scary. But we can't live like that Prince. We have to sleep when she's sleeping. She will be right beside us for the next few weeks. And when we move her to the nursery, we will have monitors. I think she will cry loud and long enough, we will eventually wake up, don't worry." I chuckle.
"I'm just so nervous..."
"Me too baby. I think it's normal to feel anxious, especially at the beginning. We can do this together." I say, turning my head to give him a reassuring kiss. He snakes his hands down and rubs my belly.
"Babe, I know it looks like I'm still pregnant but I'm not. There isn't a baby in there anymore." I chuckle.
"I'm sorry momma. I got so used to doing it. Became a habit I guess. And don't talk like that! You are beautiful. Look at your body. It gave us a baby, its feeding our baby, it's amazing."
"I really needed to hear that sweetie. I am not going to feel very sexy or confident for awhile, but I promise I will do what I can to get my body back as quick as possible...."
"Jensen, that should be the LAST thing on your mind. It is the last thing on mine. I don't care how long it takes. I don't care if it never happens...."
"Honey my belly is hanging, literally hanging..."
"Shut up." He whispers. "All I want you to worry about is keeping your body healthy right now. Fuck how it looks. It's not important."
"Thanks baby. You always know what to say." I lean my head back on his chest and rest for awhile.
"How are you feeling momma? Upstairs and downstairs? Is there anything I can do?" He asks sweetly in my ear once the water started cooling off.
"I'm ok baby. I'm hurting but it's tolerable. I may need some ibuprofen to break my fever."
"I'll go get it." He says, standing up quickly.
"Wait." I say, stopping him before he stepped out.
"What do you need sweetheart?" He asks, placing his hand on the side of my face.
"You." I say confidently as I turn towards him and capture his dick in my hand and place it in my mouth.
Caught completely off guard, he stumbles back and grabs the towel rack behind him to steady himself. "Jensen...momma...what are you doing?" He blurts out in surprise.
"Pleasing my man." I answer quickly before going right back to sucking him.
"Yes you are." He moans, throwing his head back for a second and then grabbing my hair in his fists. After a minute or so, he gently pulls me off of him. "Honey, stop. You don't need to be doing this..."
"Yes I do. I want to. Let me take care of you the way you have been taking care of me. I want to show you my appreciation..."
"You can just say 'thank you'." He laughs.
"Thank you." I say, and then take him back into my mouth. "I love you so much." I mumble as I continue to work him in and out and he gives in and bites his lip while watching me.
"That feels so good momma." He moans. I take him all the way down my throat over and over sending him into a frenzy and I knew he was getting close as I began using my hand to twist around and around his slick member. A small whimper from the other room, followed by a gradual buildup to a full out cry erupted from Devon. I could tell it broke Prince's concentration but I kept up the pace. "Finish baby. It's ok." I urge him. That's all the permission he needed and within seconds he groaned loudly as he released into my awaiting mouth. I don't think he had ever tasted as good as he did right then. And somehow I knew I was even more in love with him than ever.