Chapter 68

The car ride back to Paisley was pretty quiet. We decided to pick something up to eat on the way since it was already 7:00. We quickly ate and then started preparing Devon for bed. She had had a long day, as well as us, so I knew she had to be wiped out. It was rather chilly outside so I decided to give her a warm bath before I nursed and rocked her to sleep. I told Prince to just relax while I did all the work tonight and he didn't argue with me. I knew he was still reeling from the encounter with the paparazzi. I start to lay Devon down in her baby bath and then realized I needed to take off her hearing aids so they wouldn't get wet. I couldn't help but to get a little teary eyed as I unhooked the devices from her ears. I knew I was pitying her and myself, but in the moment I didn't care. I hated thinking about the fact that the only way she will ever be able to hear anything will be if something is stuck to her head and/or ears. And even that wasn't a guarantee she will hear much of anything, and what she will hear won't be clear like normal hearing. And of course I was fretting over the possibility of it being genetic and if any future children would experience the same problems. As I was in the midst of my internal pity party, Devon looked up at me and smiled. In that moment, all my worries melted away. "Hi pretty girl! Does the warm water feel good?" I ask her as I poured some onto her upper body. "Water" I said and signed it to her by making a "W" with my index, middle, and ring finger and tapping my mouth. I had only thumbed through the sign language book Prince had bought a few weeks ago, but somehow I remembered that one. I begin feeling overwhelmed again as I thought about all the signs Prince and I would have to learn to effectively communicate with her. There are so many words! How would I ever remember them all?! And then thinking about stringing the signs together to make sentences seemed almost impossible to me. Devon again was able to bring me out of my slump by kicking her legs and splashing her arms, causing water to go flying. "Are you trying to get mommy wet?" I laugh. "I think it's time you get out before the floor and I are both soaked." I very carefully pick her up, grabbing on for dear life bc she is so super slick after a bath and I'm always afraid I'm going to drop her. I wrap her up in a hooded towel and carry her to the nursery. I lay her down on the carpet and get her dry form head to toe. As I started applying lotion on her, I began singing the Itsy Bitsy Spider with hand motions and even though I know she couldn't hear me, she was smiling and kicking her feet in delight. I knew I had to try my hardest to learn sign language as fast as I could bc she seemed to light up even more when I did any sort of hand gestures. I put some warm pajamas on her, nursed her, and rocked her to sleep. The whole bedtime routine from bath to crib took at least an hour so by the time I closed her door, Prince was nowhere to be found. I wrestled with whether I should just give him some space or try to find him. I decided he need to hear how impressed I was that he had kept his cool with the dumbass paparazzi guy so I went to look for him. I finally found him downstairs in a rehearsal room hammering away on the piano. I stood by the door in the back of the room and listened for awhile without him even I knowing I was there. He never sang, he only played, but it was beautiful though it sounded pretty melancholy. Eventually I heard the top close and Prince say "you can come closer, I promise I won't bite," and turns around to smirk at me.
"How did you know I was in here?!" I asked, astonished.
"Don't you know by now that I know it all? You know some people have even said I was a wizard." He chuckled. "But it also could be bc I saw your reflection in the glass." He said, pointing to the wall with a picture in a frame.
"Nah I buy the wizard theory." I tease, walking towards him and sitting beside him on the bench.
"I'm no wizard, momma." He sighed. "If I were, I would fix a lot of things...."
"Like what?" I asked quietly.
"First and foremost, I would make our precious little girl be able to hear, even just a little." He choked out.
"I would want that too baby. It seems so overwhelming right now, almost impossible that we will ever be able to communicate with her. But I know it's not. People do it everyday."
"I don't think she will have any problem. I guess the one bright light is she won't have to adjust like she would if she was able to hear and then couldn't. It's all she will ever know, so she won't know any difference. And kids are sponges. Now us on the other hand. It will probably take us longer to learn new things, especially me. You know the saying 'you can't teach an old dog new tricks.' But if I can remember all the damn lyrics and instruments to my piles of songs, surely I can remember a bunch of hand gestures. And you were a great student, so I know you will be fine too. It will all be about how much effort we put into it. And I guarantee you, I won't be making new music until I have effectively learned sigh language."
"Honey I read it takes years to be fluent..."
"I didn't say fluent, I say effective." He laughs. "What I'm getting at is my focus is all about that and working with Devon, and I won't be doing much musically until I feel confident she is on a good path. There is some business things I can't avoid, but I plan to barely be working for the next few months at least."
"I agree. I'm not going to take back my charity workload for awhile either. We have to find the best of everything for her and with us being able to put all our time and focus into it, I can't see how she won't thrive. She will have more help than most hearing impaired people that's for sure. On a side note, I can't tell you how proud of how you handle everything today. You seemed way less overwhelmed and freaked out at the audiology appointment than I did..."
"Well I had been doing a lot of research so I was pretty prepared to hear what we heard. I knew it was probably major hearing loss that's she had since birth and I figure it will be genetic too. I know it sounds bad but I really hope it's this gene mutation and not a syndrome. Otherwise she may have other complications and we sure don't want that..."
"If it is, I wonder how likely it will be to have more deaf children?" I say solemnly.
"I don't know babe. But it will be something we can discuss with the geneticist. If it's a high chance, will you not want to have anymore children together?" He asked hesitantly.
"Together?! What does that mean?" I shriek.
"Yeah Jensen I was wanting to see if you wanted us to have children with other people instead!" He exclaimed, rolling his eyes. "Come on, you know what I meant. Like would you want to adopt or just not have anymore at all or would you be willing to take our chances?"
"Oh honey I don't know, and it's not something that even needs to be on a radar right now."
"Yeah." He agreed and we sat there in silence for a couple minutes, trying to collect our thoughts.
"And baby I am thoroughly impressed with the way you handled that asshole paparazzi guy. I know how angry I was feeling, but you kept your cool. I'm really proud of you..."
"That fucking son of a bitch! It took all I had not to run over him with the car or choke him or something. Things about Devon will be all over the news tomorrow, I guarantee it." He seethed. "Maybe I should have tried to deny it."
"No! You handled it perfectly and gracefully. What would have lying done? Plus it was pretty obvious something is up when she had hearing aids in. It would have only made you look like a liar and ashamed of your child. But it's also not something you should be forced to confirm either. It's not anyone's damn business but ours and I honestly don't care if you ever address it to the media. What does it even matter?!" I say, getting heated.
"Calm down momma. Don't let them get to you. It's not that I wanted to hide it from people or seem embarrassed or ashamed. I just like to do things on my own terms and on my own time. But I also feel I have an obligation to bring awareness. I can't be who I am and not give back, especially when it hits close to home. I know that has to part of God's plan is for me to be able to help others in similar situations, just like I'm doing with FACES. Maybe be a little more public in my support of this though. But again that's on the back burner until we get our own child on the path to success."
"You are such a wonderful person baby. I don't think you get told that enough, but you are. Don't ever let anyone make you feel otherwise. And I'm more than proud of who you are striving to be. You are kicking ass with therapy. The fact that you didn't go off in some way tonight and actually were more pleasant than most people would have been, speaks volumes to your commitment to better yourself. I love you so much." I tell him as I lean in for a kiss.
"I love you too Jensen." He moans out. "It's been a long time since we have done it on top of the piano. Shall we?" He said, gnawing at my lower lip with his teeth.
"Not without the lube, and I don't know baby. I don't feel right or safe being this far away from Devon. What if she starts crying or something happens. We can't hear her from down here." I explain.
"Geez all spontaneity has gone out the window." He jokes. "Ok here's the plan. We go upstairs and I'll unhook the monitor from our room to bring down here and you grab the lube and a towel."
"Ok. Why a towel?" I ask curiously.
"Bc I'm not getting sticky lube all on top of my piano!" He says, grabbing my hand and leading us upstairs.
We rush to the bedroom and gather the stuff and head back downstairs. I spread the towel out on top of the piano while Prince sets up the monitor. I strip all my clothes off and lay down on the towel and grab the lube bottle. I squirt a large puddle on my fingers and take it down to my heat. I rub it all around my opening and insert my fingers inside, making sure everything is nice and moist. Prince walks up and watches for a minute. "Do you even need me in here?" He jokes.
"Yeah I need some visual stimulation. Just stand there and let me look at you." I laugh.
"I'll give you something to watch." He says in a deep seductive voice and grabs the lube bottle and drizzles some on the tip of his hard dick. He takes ahold of his shaft and begins to pump himself furiously.
"Shit daddy." I moan out, raising up to my elbows to get a better look. I spit on my fingers and take them down to my clit and quickly work it around and around, not taking my eyes off of Prince.
"You like what you see?" He asks, his eyes focused on my center as he continues to jerk himself quickly.
"Mmmmhmmm. You're so sexy." I pant out. "Do you like what you see?"
"Fuck yeah. I need a taste." He says aggressively and releases himself and steps up to the bench and sits his bare ass on it. He licks on me like I'm a melting popsicle for a few minutes before growling "turn over and get on your knees momma." I do as instructed and Prince makes sure to smother us in lube before entering me swiftly. It was a little uncomfortable at first and I took my hand down between my legs to pleasure myself but my hand grazed his scrotum and he lost his shit. "Oh God baby. I like that." He exclaimed while ramming me harder. I continued to tickle, lightly squeeze, and massage his testicles, sending him into a frenzied release all over my back and ass cheeks. He pulls out and collapses on top of piano breathing rapidly. For some reason, Devon begins crying hysterically. "I could cry too baby girl." Prince groans. "That was fucking hot Jensen. Damn!"