Chapter 56

At dinner that night, I discussed my feelings with Prince about the lactation appointment and how overwhelmed I felt when I had left.
"Do you need some time in the studio?" He teased.
"No." I chuckle. "Then I would feel even more overwhelmed! Coming home and listening to a beautiful song my man wrote about me, making love to him, and cooking dinner were my stress relievers."
"Glad I could inadvertently help momma." He smiles and brings my hand up to kiss the back of it. "Dinner is delicious by the way."
"Thanks. I need to prepare some stuff we can freeze for after the baby comes..."
"Maybe a little, but baby let's allow our church family to bring food if they offer and let Maria make some stuff. At least the first couple of weeks."
"Ok." I agree.
"Ok? No arguing about it?"
"Nope. I'll only cook if I really want to and not bc I feel I have to. I'm going to be so consumed with everything else, I'm not sure I will have time to think about what to prepare, get ingredients for it, and cook it. So I am good handing that over for awhile or ordering take out or something. But I will prepare a few dishes to freeze." I say while gathering our plates and heading to the kitchen sink. Prince follows me in there and wraps his arms around my waist. "I am going to miss your cooking though baby girl. I've never enjoyed eating as much as I have since being with you. It's become quite a comfort to me."
At our 37 week appointment later that week, Dr. Thatcher said I was 2 cm dilated and 60% effaced. "Really that doesn't help determine anything though. You could be exactly the same next week or you could go into labor tomorrow. Some woman it's gradual and some it's not. We just never know. But your body and baby are preparing for delivery so that's a great thing."
On the way home, I asked Prince "so if I was to go into labor tomorrow, think we have everything ready?"
"Yeah baby I think so. Is there anything you can think of we still need to do?" He asked, rubbing my thigh with his thumb.
"I don't think so. Bags are packed, car seats are in, bassinet and nursery are set up..."
"We are prepared momma." He reassured. "It's just a waiting game now."
We spent the week until the next appointment attending therapy sessions, preparing meals to freeze, making love multiple times a day, sleeping late and taking naps, and watching a whole lot of tv. We justified it by saying the amount of sex, sleeping, and tv watching was going to decline greatly so we needed to catch up now.
At our 38 week appointment, I was 3 cm dilated and 80% effaced. "You are progressing. No matter what, your baby will be here in three weeks, I'll guarantee that." Dr. Thatcher assures us.
While we were in bed that night, Prince says "three weeks almost seems too long! I'm growing really impatient momma."
"Me too." I giggle. "Well you know sometimes sex stimulates labor..."
"Well it isn't working bc we have a lot of sex." He laughs. "But it's always worth another shot!" He rolls me to my side and creeps in behind me. "What are you feeling tonight my love? Slow? Fast? Gentle? Rough?"
I moan as he slips my panties down and caresses my ass.
"I'm not sure which one that meant momma." He chuckles.
"I want it how you want it baby." I answer, turning my head to capture his thick lips that I wanted on every inch of body. "But first kiss me all over. Please."
"You don't have to beg me Jensen. I would do anything to satisfy my woman." He says, beginning at my neck, he kisses, licks, and sucks all the way to my toes and back up. I was so turned on that I laid him on his back and straddled him. I hadn't ridden him in weeks and wasn't sure that I could but I was going to give it a try. Having gained almost thirty pounds, I knew I probably outweighed him. Knowing he wouldn't dare say anything to hurt my feelings if I was crushing him or something,  I asked "is this ok?"
"If it's ok with you momma. Don't hurt yourself though." He gradually guided himself into me and I began rocking my hips back and forth. "You are so gorgeous, so perfect honey." He tells me sweetly. Even though he hasn't once made me feel anything less than beautiful throughout the entire pregnancy, I knew there had to be at least a small part of him that was ready for my massive belly to be gone. It really hampers the visuals in a lot of positions, including this one. Not really being able to lean forward to his face, my only option was to lean back so I pulled my knees up. "Careful momma." He whispers as he helps me steady myself and begins guiding my hips across his dick. He takes his finger and begins flicking my clit back and forth, causing me to whimper up to the ceiling. I pick up the speed of my hips and grind against his fingers. Within minutes I released on him and raised back up to a straddle and rode him out. He squeezed my upper thighs tightly as I felt him shoot his load into me. I was completely exhausted as I climbed off him and rested on his chest. "I'm sorry baby. I can't quite move like I used to. I know that probably wasn't real mind blowing for you. I'll make it up to you tomorrow. I promise. But I'm worn out tonight..."
"Would you be quiet! It was wonderful. I've missed my girl on top, but you don't need to be killing yourself to do it. Get some rest baby."
That's the last thing I remember until I got up for my normal first round of nightly peeing around 3:00am. As I sat naked and half asleep on the toilet, I went to tear some toilet paper off. I started to wipe but noticed I was still hearing what sounded like pee hitting the water in the toilet. Am I still peeing? I don't feel the sensation I have when I pee? Surely that's not sperm from earlier falling out? In my hazy state of mind, I blew it off and wiped. I made my way over to the dresser to retrieve some panties and felt something trickling down my legs. Then a small burst falls to the floor. Oh my god! That must be my water breaking. Right? It not pee I don't think. I went over to the light switch and flipped it on. Prince didn't even budge. I walk over by the dresser and see a tiny puddle on the floor. A little more liquid started running between my thighs and I was convinced I was in labor. "Prince." I say in a loud, shaky voice. He groans and rolls over, now facing away from me. "Baby! I think my water just broke." I try again a little louder.
"Ok momma I'll get you some water." He replies but doesn't move.
I slowly walk over to him and shake him gently. "Honey! We need to call the doctor. I think I'm in labor."
He immediately pops up. "You are?! How do you know?!" He asks, his voice in a slight panic.
"I think my water broke while I was using the bathroom. It's going down my legs and there is a puddle right there." I respond, pointing to it. He stands up and grabs a white undershirt of mine and wipes it up. "What are you doing?" I asked.
"I remember that video saying if it was discolored to let the doctor know. But it's not baby. It's clear." He says.
I didn't remember that at all! How did he? Maybe he's more prepared than I am! "I'll call the doctor momma. You sit down or lay down and see if you feel any contractions." He commands, grabbing his phone. I lay down on my side and close my eyes, waiting to feel something. I hear Prince tell her we think my water has broken. "Jensen, are you feeling any contractions?" He relays the question to me.
"No. I'm not feeling anything. At all." I say in disbelief. "Maybe it wasn't my water breaking."
Prince tells her what I said and she assures him it probably is and to get to the hospital to check. Once he hangs up, he calls Mark to tell him to meet us at the hospital. We get dressed and grab our bags and head out in the dark. On the way there, he calls the hospital to let them know we are on our way and they guaranteed there was a large private room available. "Ok momma remember I can't go in with you."
"I know." I sigh.
"I'm going to have Mark walk you in, let them check you and make sure you are really in labor. If you are, Mark will call me and tell me the room number and I will head straight in to you and Mark will start his rounds to see if he hears or sees anything about anyone knowing what's going on."
"Ok. I'm scared." I say, my voice starting to tremble.
"I know you are baby. It's going to be ok. I will get to you as quickly as I can. I promise." He takes my hand and kisses it and lays our intertwined fingers on his leg. We met Mark in the parking lot and he escorted me to the lobby to check in. I felt even more nervous without Prince with me, but Mark was trying his best to comfort me and handle everything. He goes up to the front desk and says "this is Jensen Nelson, her husband called a few minutes ago and you should have a private room ready for her."
"Yes sir, it's all ready. If you will follow me." The nurse replies and leads us down a hallway and off on a wing with private rooms. She showed us in and got me into a gown and said a doctor would be in shortly to make sure my water did break before they officially admit me. I sat on the edge of the bed waiting as my heart pounded in my ear. Suddenly Mark's phone goes off and he answers it quickly. "We are in the room. Doctor should be in anytime to check her. Yeah here she is." He hands the phone to me.
"Hey baby." I answer.
"Are you ok momma? How do you feel? Any contractions?" He said all in one breath.
"No. I'm starting to worry I may have gotten everyone here nothing."
"Oh well if you have. It's ok. Don't worry about that...."
The doctor walks in and I quickly tell Prince bye and Mark turns around and stays on the phone with Prince while the doctor checks me. I heard him whisper "no man. I've turned around. I am staring at a wall. I can't see her at all."
I try to hold in my laughter at Prince's ridiculousness and focus on what the doctor is saying. Then I hear Mark add "I'm not looking at the reflection of the tv. Jensen is beautiful don't get me wrong but I'm not trying to scope her out during an exam. Get a grip man. She is your woman and you know I respect you."
I roll my eyes and huff and the poor doctor thought I was getting impatient with him and says "just want to make sure Mrs. Nelson, but yes it looks like your water has broken. Not all the way but you are in the beginning stages of labor. Let's get you admitted and hooked up."
I thank him as he exits the room and I motion for Mark to hand me the phone.
"Come on up daddy. We are having a baby today!" I giggle nervously.