Chapter 22

"Rachel?" I suggest.
"No."
"Rebecca?"
"No."
"Rosanna?"
"Nah."
"Regan?"
"Nuh uh."
"Riley?"
"Maybe."
"Renee?"
"No."
"Reese."
"Nope."
"Ok babe. We only have a few letters of the alphabet left. We have done A through R and you've said maybe to like ten total!"
"What's your point?"
"My point is you don't like any names! Our child can't be nameless..."
"Actually one can be nameless..."
"Haha! Don't even go there! Our daughter isn't going to have a symbol for her name!"
"She might! If we can't find one we like and agree on. Don't act like you haven't nixed a lot."
"All I said was I refuse to name her the same name as any woman you've ever slept with..."
"Yeah that eliminated a lot!" He laughed.
I punch him in the arm. "That's not funny. There is probably a name in there I would love."
"Good thing I can't remember a lot of them. I doubt you would like any of them anyway...Kim, Susan, Jill, Denise, Susannah, Sheila, Anna..."
"Ok you can stop! Bitches!" I grumble.
"They're not bitches. Not any of the ones I named anyway. I'm actually thinking about asking Sheila if she wants to start playing at some of my shows again sometime..."
"Um no..."
"Um yes. Why not?"
"Bc you've fucked her. You were engaged to her..."
"Ok first of all you know it was pretty much a fake engagement. I've told you that before. Sheila has always been a good friend and she's a great musician. The reason we parted ways wasn't bc of our breakup. It was bc I was getting too raunchy for her taste. And now that I'm not as raunchy anymore, she would probably enjoy playing with me again..."
"Oh I'm sure she would love PLAYING with you..."
"Oh momma come on. It's not like that. Neither one of us feel that way about each other anymore. That's been a long time ago. Just agree to meet her. I promise you'll like her. She is not a threat."
"Fine, but if I don't like her or feel uncomfortable promise me you won't tour with her."
"I promise babe. I'm not going to put you in that position. Plus I don't plan to tour again for awhile. I'm not going to miss my baby having her first milestones, and I'm not taking a baby on the road."
"That's good." I smile, kissing him softly. "Ok back to baby names....letter S...ok Susan, Susannah, and Sheila are out. You did a lot of girls with S names..."
"Yeah Stacy, Stephanie, Sonya, Sheena, Sarah, and Shannon need to be thrown out too."
"Fuck! Could you not keep it in your pants?!!" I say, angrily.
"I really couldn't. It was weird..."
"Shut up! God! Let's just skip S. On to T."
"Mmmmm there's a lot of T women too...Tina, Traci, Tara, Troy..."
I throw the baby name book at him. "Why did you have to be such a man whore!!!" I bury myself under the blanket on the couch. A few seconds later Prince is pulling it off my face. "Don't be mad baby. Some of those weren't even true. I was just trying to get you riled up so I threw in a few names I don't like."
"You promise?"
"Yes."
"Ok which ones weren't true?"
"Sonya, Shannon, Tina, and Traci. As far as I know I've never done a woman named any of those."
"That's still a lot that you have though."
"I know. I'm not proud of it anymore. I was young, dumb...."
"And full of cum!!!"
"Yeah I guess." He said chuckling.
"You don't have any kids roaming around out there do you?!" I exclaim.
"No! Well not that I know of. I hope not..."
"Well did you used to wrap it up?"
"Yeah. Of course. Especially if it was someone I didn't really know. If it was a girlfriend I didn't always, but I made sure they were on the pill."
"Good bc I don't want some kid coming knocking on our door one day..."
"The only way I see that happening is if I die and they want my money!"
"Haha! Don't say that! By the way though now that we are having a baby, you should probably make a will."
"Yeah you're probably right. Leave all I have to my children..."
"Hey! What about me?! You aren't going to leave me anything?!"
"Why so you can run off and marry somebody else and spend all my money together?! No thanks. You're on your own..."
"Prince!"
"Oh stop. You know I would make sure you are taken care of, but I wouldn't want you to run off and spend all my money with your new husband..."
"Ok I'll just spend it by myself and use him for the sex..."
"Jensen!"
"I'm just kidding. I would be so depressed over you I would never be with anyone else."
"I know that's a lie but I'm going to believe it."
"So children huh? You think we will have more than one child?" I ask.
"Well yeah. I hope so. Don't you?"
"Right now I'm thinking yes. That might change once I see how bad childbirth is. We might be adopting the rest."
"How many kids do you want momma?"
"Three or four. What about you?"
"Yeah three of four kids is a good solid little family. You know with how easily you got pregnant you might have to go on birth control after having this baby or we might be getting to three or four really fast." He laughs.
"I know! But that would be ok and then once we have decided we are done you can just get the snip snip...."
"Excuse me? The snip snip..."
"Yeah. You know. A vasectomy..."
"I know what you meant but I ain't getting one."
"Why not? It's not that bad!"
"How would you know?! Do you have balls?! You get your tubes tied!"
"That is a way more evasive surgery. Yours would be an outpatient surgery, then go home and put some ice on your nuts for a couple days and you're good."
"What if everyone died and I needed to repopulate the Earth?!!"
"Well if everyone but you died you're going to have a difficult time with that seeing as you need a woman..."
"Shut up, you need what I mean...."
"Well what if I needed to repopulate the Earth?"
"Hey I'm not the one wanted to get us fixed, that's you!"
"Anyway...discussion for some other time you big baby! Are you packed for LA yet?"
"Yeah. Are you sure you want to go momma? We can do Thanksgiving here this year...start our own tradition."
"Definitely next year when the baby is here. And I told my family we are spending Christmas here this year. But this first big holiday without mom and dad is going to be tough on everyone so as much normalcy as we can have will help everyone, but I told my aunt Tina I didn't want it at my parent's house...not sure I could handle that. So we are having it at her house."
"Will Lenny be there?"
"I don't know. Probably. I didn't ask...."
"Does he know you're pregnant?"
"Honey I don't know. Why?"
"Just wondering. I don't want there to be a brawl over the dinner table or anything..."
"Why would there?"
"Bc I got you pregnant and he couldn't..."
"Ok well first of all let's not say that in front of him..."
"You know it had to be him though..."
"Who knows! With as much pot as he was smoking probably so. I just think God wanted me to have a child with you and not him..."
"Or I'm the man he isn't..."
"Prince. Please don't act like that if he comes. We are happy. He has moved on and seems happy. Just let everyone enjoy the holiday. We are going to stay a couple extra days to baby shop right?"
"Yeah. Just got to get back home in time for your appointment on December 2. We will have a lot more options and stores there than around here. You're going to let me help this time, right?!"
"Did you make me wear those horrendous outfits around here for a week?!"
"Yes." He says, laughing at the memory.
"Then yes you can help. We aren't going to have a repeat of that. I really want to pick out a bassinet and crib for sure before we head back home."
"What's a bassinet?"
"Like a little bed that we will keep by our bed for awhile..."
"What?! She's going to sleep in our room?"
"Well yeah at least for the first couple weeks..."
"But I don't want to have sex in front of our daughter...."
"Um you do realize we can't have sex for several weeks after I give birth right?"
"What?!"
"I don't understand your confusion in all this. You've had a pregnant wife before..."
"I guess I've forgotten all those things. Well I don't want my baby watching mommy give daddy a blow job..."
"Oh she won't. Mommy will be so busy with the baby she won't have time for blow jobs..."
"Come on now. Don't neglect your husband...."
"I won't. You know a lot of men get jealous after the baby comes bc their wife doesn't pay them as much attention."
"Well then I better soak it up! Take your clothes off momma. I need some attention right now." He says, pulling me down on the couch.