Chapter 38

Over the next few days, Prince and I both spent the majority of our time with Mattie. It had consumed us so much that we almost forgot about our 32 week prenatal appointment on January 30. When Dr. Thatcher entered the room, she was her normal enthusiastic self. "So at the last appointment y'all were headed on a baby moon. Was it a good trip?"
"Yes." Prince and I say in unison, smiling at each other and mentally reminiscing.
"Great! I think those should be mandatory. Some couples have no idea the whirlwind a baby brings and the havoc it can wreck on a marriage. I'm glad you got time away for awhile. I suggest doing it with each baby y'all have." She laughs. "So any changes, questions, concerns..."
"No, not with the baby." I answer. "But Prince's mom has been staying with us for awhile and she has only weeks left at the most. We are afraid she won't make it to Devon's due date. We would like to surprise her with a 3D ultrasound. What are your thoughts on those..."
"Are they safe?" Prince adds.
"Yes they are completely safe. They are great if we need to see a better picture of the baby, especially when we suspect a problem. They are starting to become more popular when parents are anxious to see what their baby looks like...she would be able to see some features on the baby. It would be the closest thing we have to the real thing." Dr. Thatcher explains.
"Do you do them?" I ask.
"No. I don't have a 3D ultrasound machine, but I can get you some contact information of a great place that does." She offers.
"Yes. Thank you." Prince responds. "We also need to set up the childbirth class soon."
"Ok. Well everything is looking good. Weight is good, blood pressure is too, measuring at 32 weeks. So unless you have anything else, I will see you in two weeks. Let me get you all that contact information....for the lactation specialist too." She adds as she walks out of the room to retrieve it.

The following day I make all the calls to set up appointments. "The earliest they could do a 3D ultrasound, especially since we need it to be done here is March 10." I tell Prince.
"Shit! She won't last that long. That's over a month away. Did you name drop me?" He asks.
"No, baby I don't like doing that. Plus I know you want your privacy..."
"I do, but sometimes it has to be done. Give me the number. Let me give it a try." Prince suggests.
I listen as Prince calls the 3D ultrasound place back. "Hey a lady called earlier about scheduling a 3D ultrasound at her house. You gave her March 10 as the earliest available time. Could you check that again?" He demands. He is on hold for a couple minutes. "Oh that is the earliest one? Ok well this is for Jensen Nelson, Prince's wife, and...yes Prince Prince...The Purple One, right....His Royal Badness, that's the one...The Artist, correct...excuse me?! Who the fuck calls him that?!" He exclaims, causing my eyes to go wide with shock but also curiously. Great now he's going to be pissed and ruin our chances at an appointment at all. He looks at me with a scowl and then takes a deep breath. "Anyway, we need this done for his wife at Paisley Park ASAP. He will pay generously. Yes I'll hold."
I couldn't resist, I had to know. "What else did she call you?"
Prince furrowed his brows at me, shook his head no, and turned his chair away from me. "Yes I'm here. Oh you found an appointment for February 15, well how about that?!" Prince says, turning back towards me and smirking. "Yes 1:00 is fine. See you then." He hangs up the phone and stands up. "And that's how it's done my dear." He says, kissing me quickly.
"You are the man." I compliment. "So what was the other nickname?" I try again.
"No." He said sternly.
"Skipper?"
"No." He chuckles.
"TAFKAP?"
"No. Drop it." He warns.
"The Kid?"
"Jensen just stop." He sighs.
"The Purple Purv?"
"I kinda like that one." He chuckles. "But no. Come on baby just don't."
"Please tell me. What was it that would make you so mad?"
"The Minneapolis Midget!" He exclaims harshly. I couldn't help it. I started laughing hysterically. "Nice! Real nice! Even my wife gets a kick out of it." He says, pushing passed me to walk out the office door.
"Wait! Baby! Wait!" I say, doing my best to waddle after him. He knows I can't chase after him so he stops and turns around.
"I don't want you running or to trip and fall. What?!" He says rudely.
"Honey I'm sorry for laughing. I've never heard that one..."
"But you thought it was funny?!"
"Well a little. Baby I'm shorter than you! You know I don't care about your height."
"That's not the point Jensen. I was teased my whole life about my height. Certain girls would never even consider me. Coaches overlooked me. It sucked and I don't like it when people use derogatory words about my height. It just brings up a whole lot of bad memories. For girls it's not so bad, but it's hell on boys. It's like you aren't a man or some shit. I don't want that if we ever have a son. And I certainly don't want his mother laughing if he comes home saying kids are bullying him..."
"I wouldn't!"
"You just did..."
"I guess you're right. I was wrong. I'm sorry honey. Forgive me?" I say, taking a step closer to him.
"I don't know." He says, smirking.
"What do I have to do?" I beg.
"Let me think." He says, circling me and rubbing his hands together. "First..."
"First?! How many things are there going to be?!" I laughed. "I didn't like..."
"Like what?! Make a $10,000 check into a $100,000 check?"
"I wasn't going to say that! I was going to say like..."
"Like make my dying mother move in with us..."
"Hey! No! Like cheat on you or something!" I exclaim.
"If you did that there would be no forgiving! But you owe me Jensen. You owe me big time!" He whispers the last part in my ear. He places his hands on my shoulders and pushes me down to a kneeling position. "Now like I was saying. First you're going to suck my dick and swallow every last drop. And I want to hear what a man I am the whole time you're doing it." He commands.
"Geez!" I say, rolling my eyes and pulling down his pants. I take him in my mouth and slowly get him hard.
"I don't hear you talking!" He says, tugging my hair slightly.
"Mmmmmm Prince you are such a man." I say, and then go back to stroking him.
"More momma." He demands.
"Your dick is so big, and you know how to use it. You make your woman cum so hard...." I put him back in my mouth.
"Mmmm that's right baby. What else?"
"There's no man in this world as sexy as you." I pump him harder. "And there's no man who can compare to you on the guitar, on the stage...there's no musician that even comes close to you..."
"That's fucking right." He said, starting to thrust into my mouth. "I'm not damn Skipper or Midget. I'm the High Priest of Pop, The Prince of Funk!" He growls aggressively.
"That's right baby. You are a fucking badass man. You're all man." I add as I begin to deep throat him, making him shoot his load quickly.
He eventually releases my grasp on him. His eyes are filled with satisfaction and I smile and stand up, thinking he would be done with his demands. He pulls up his pants and grabs my hand. "That's was amazing wifey. Ok second..."
"Prince!"
"Um no. For the next activity you will call me master..."
"Babe..."
"I'm sorry. Did you say master?"
"Prince..."
"Master, damn it."
"Fine! What's next...master..."
"Yeah. I like that." He says, leaning in and licking my lips. "Next my servant will give me a full body massage....with a happy ending." He smirks, leading me to our bedroom. On the way, Susan stops us. "Mr. and Mrs. Nelson?"
"Susan can this wait? We're busy." Prince says.
"Honey...." I interject.
Prince looks at me and sighs "ok I'm sorry. What is it?"
"It's time to advance to a feeding tube and she can't get out of bed, even with assistance, any longer. Are you sure you still want her to stay here?"
"Yes." Prince answers. "In your medical opinion do you think she will make it to February 15?"
"That's more than two weeks." She winces. "That will really be pushing it I'm afraid. What's the 15th?"
"Well we were going to surprise her with a 3D ultrasound of the baby." Prince tells her.
"Oh how wonderful! She would love that. She wants so badly to make it to the due date. I just don't know how that will be possible unfortunately. But I wouldn't keep the ultrasound a secret. Sometimes patients can hold on longer if they have something in realistic sight...and that may very well do it if you tell her about it." Susan suggests.
"Ok let's tell her." I say.
"Yes. Thank you Susan." Prince turns to me. "Let's go tell her momma." He leans into my ear and whispers "but we are picking up where we left off later tonight."
"Yes master." I whisper back, and nibble his ear while pulling him towards Mattie's room.