Chapter 92

Back to Monica's POV

"You're sure this is a good idea?" Theo whispered to me after I snuck him onto the jet.

"Look, it'll go well. Trust the person who can see into the future." I closed my eyes and focused on the proposal. "She'll say yes. Unless you majorly fuck up."

"Gee, thanks."

"No problem. Now, I'm gonna go take a nap. Stay here, and stay quiet." I walked up from the cargo hold and flopped on one of the chairs before curling up and napping.

DREAM TIME BECAUSE DREAMS ARE FUN

"Just find her!" Elisabeth Capello yelled at the men around her. "Find her and bring her to me."

"Uh, ma'am, if you don't mind me asking, why?" One of the men asked. "She made it quite clear the last time that she wouldn't join us."

"That was because we didn't make her ours. We'll make a new Winter Soldier."

"Is that ethical?"

"Probably not. But I want my daughter back. Now, GO!"

I bolted upright in my chair, my whole body shaking.

"Mon? You okay?" Bucky asked.

"Yeah, I'm fine," I said, raking my hand through my hair. "Bad dream is all. I'm gonna run to the bathroom, I'll be right back." I walked to the bathroom and splashed water on my face, brushing my hair out with my fingers. I froze. A lock of my hair was white. Without even thinking, I grabbed the lock and yanked it out. No one would need to know.

- - - REALLY LONG TIME SKIP CUZ I'M A LAZY PIECE OF TRASH - - -

"You all knew?" Kate said, crying tears of happiness. She was sitting on Theo's lap while we were eating at a restaurant along the boardwalk.

"Yeah, Steve almost pummeled him into the ground when he found out Theo was gonna propose."

"Well, thank you for not messing up his face," Kate laughed.

"So..." I said, fidgeting with my napkin. "You guys need a wedding planner..."

"Yes, you can do it," Katherine sighed.

"Yay!" I clapped. "I'll arrange the menu, the venue, and the seating. Oh, also the color scheme, the guest list, and the dresses."

"Whoa, Monica, slow down, slow down!" Nat said. "They just got engaged."

"So, will we be seeing more of you?" Bucky asked Theo.

"Uh, I mean, probably?"

"As long as I don't have to hear you guys," I muttered. Katherine slapped my arm and I smirked. "What?"

"Shut up."

- - -

We were back at the compound and I was blowing off some steam by beating the shit out of a punching bag. It was just a dream, right? Was it normal for 26-year-olds to have white hair? No, no it wasn't. Unless it was dyed. But I didn't dye my hair, did I? No, I didn't.

I was so lost in thought that I didn't hear the door open. Someone clapped behind me and I spun around, prepared to kick whoever it was in the gut. My foot was caught and I saw Steve standing behind me. I sighed and slumped my shoulders.

"Hey."

"What's going on with you?" Steve asked.

"What do you mean? I'm me."

"Mon, you got back and the first thing you did was come down here. What's up?"

"Nothing, Steve. I just had a nightmare that I'm working through. PTSD and all that."

Steve sighed. "If you say so. Anyway, Clint stopped by and he brought pizza."

"I'm gonna pass."

"Alright." Steve walked out of the gym and I heard him go up to the kitchen.

"What is happening to me?" I muttered.