Chapter 25> Jupiter

I kicked the ball to Lottie on my left. She dribbled up to the goal like we had practiced and faked like she was going to kick it in but the passed it to me. I instantly kicked the ball into the goal, scoring, as the goalie was on the left side of the goal. The ball was reset as usual. Being center I quickly got the ball and kicked it backwards to Blaise.

I heard the crowd cheering. The adrenaline I felt was pushing me through. It had been a long game and my legs ached. I had fallen a few times, getting scrapes on my knees. We had to win this game. It was qualification for finals. Of course there were scouts as well.

The ball made its way back to me when the defense on the other team quite literally shoved me to the ground. I fell flat on my back, causing the wind to be knocked out of me. I heard a whistle blow

"What the hell, man," I exclaimed once I caught my breath.

"Sorry, I thought you liked it rough," he responded winking at me before turning around. The referee rushed over to me, as did Blaise.

I groaned getting up before the referee got to me. There was no fucking way I wasn't going to play, no matter my injures.

"I'm fine, I can play."

"Are you sure, you took quite the fall." I nodded in response. I headed towards Blaise.

"I'm fine stop looking so worried. That ass just shoved me down pretty hard." His face turned to anger. Great.

"Hey," he yelled after the boy. "What the fuck is your problem?"

The boy turned around smirking. "Nothing, just looks like your little princess over there can't handle a little push." I rushed to Blaise putting my hand on his shoulder before he did something that would get him a red card.

"Blaise," I warned. He ignored me.

"Touch him again and see what happens," Blaise said in a low menacing voice, right in the boy's face. I grabbed his arm.

The boy smirked at Blaise before lightly pushing my shoulder.

Oh my god, why does this happen literally every game? I'm starting to think we are cursed.

Blaise lunged at him, but I grabbed his arm just in time and put myself between him and the boy. He was fuming.

"It's not worth it, we have one quarter left" I said putting my hand on his chest. I knew he was probably beginning to get in one of his angry states so I tried my best to calm him down.

"It's okay, I'm not hurt, everything is fine. Let's just finish the game." He began to calm down.

"Yeah listen to your little bitch." 

Fuck.

Everything I had done to calm Blaise went straight to shit. He lunged at the boy, grabbing a hold of his shirt. "What did you call him?"

The boy was cocky, but even he knew he had crossed a line. His face showed terror.

Izzy came over next to me, prepared to separate them.

"Blaise, no," I said calmly.

He clenched onto his shirt tighter.

"Blaise," I yelled. And it was like he came out of a trance. He slowly released his shirt, his jaw clenched and his eyes closed. The boy back away quickly when I grabbed back of his neck, bringing my lips near his ear.

"It's okay, just breath, babe," I whispered into his ear. As I said this I felt his body relax into mine as he hugged me. "You know your getting a red card right?"

He sighed heavily. "Yup, you're just gonna have to show everyone what a great team captain you are, even if you're down one player."

I rolled my eyes before walking to my position on field. Both the boy and Blaise were given red cards, shrinking both teams by one player as they couldn't be replaced. Our teams were even but we were already missing Marco and——lord forgive me——he is one of our best players. Now we were short two good players.

The sound of the whistle pierced the air and the game resumed.

There was one minute on the board. We were tied.

I passed the ball to Izzy, but again the other team stole it. I could tell the team was exhausted, it was starting to show.

By the grace of god, the ball somehow ended back up with Lottie. She dribbled it up to the goal, Izzy and I racing behind her, ready to aid her. I heard he shout to Izzy, who received the ball she had passed. There was only 10 seconds left. Izzy kicked the ball in, but the goalie was quick. It all happened in slow motion. The crowd began counting down from five. I saw the ball soar through the air towards me.

In practice I had always attempted the bicycle kick, mostly failing each time except one. So, I don't know what I was thinking when I decided to try it now. Probably that we were going to lose anyway, to be quite honest. Sure it was just a high school game to most, but to us this game meant everything. To me, it meant I would be seen by scouts and we could go to finals.

All of those thoughts raced through my head as I used my left leg to propel my self into the air backwards while my right foot made contact with the ball. I fell onto my back, once again knocking the wind out of me. I heard the buzzer, I heard the crowd cheering. I heard screams of celebration.

I made it in. I successfully did a bicycle kick. We won.

Lottie and Izzy ran to me, hugging me tightly, saying how awesome it was and how cool I am. Once they let me go, I saw Blaise. I smiled at him before he grabbed my cheeks and kissed me. I smiled into the kiss before pulling away.

"That was fucking hot, Jupe." I rolled my eyes, laughing at him. "Such a turn on," he joked more before kissing me again.

I was in the middle of generously replying to the kiss I had been given when I heard someone clear their throat. I turned to see a man in a very very expensive looking suit.

"Hello, Jupiter. I'm a scout from Berklee, and I have to say you are the most outstanding soccer player I've seen in years. I would very much like to talk to you about scholarships when you get a chance. Here is my card," he said smiling before handing me a card. "I look forward to hearing from you Mr. Stokes."

I was speechless. I made it. Once he walked away I jumped up and down like a child. "Oh my god."

"You're fucking amazing," Blaise said, pulling me into an embrace. "You're also so getting laid tonight, that was so hot."

I saw Noah and Athena running up to us behind Blaise so I let him go.

"Jupe, that was so cool. You have to teach me how. I played in Spain but I defiantly wasn't able to do that," Noah said hugging me. Blaise cleared his throat, causing him to quickly let go.

"Noah, I just wanted to say sorry for everything. I promise I'm not that much of a douche." I smiled and so did Noah. "Just remember Jupe is mine," Blaise said possessively, kissing my cheek.

Everything was finally great. I was finally happy.