Chapter 21> Jupiter

It only takes one small thing to push someone over the edge. It only takes one insult, or 'joke', to make someone want to end it all.

That's the problem with kids today. They don't understand that words matter. They don't understand that the shit they say wiggles their way into the persons mind and sits there, repeating over and over. Even if it was only said once out loud, it is repeated infinitely in someone's mind. It haunts them to the point where they think 'is it even worth it?'.

This is where I am right now. Walking into school today, I don't think I can handle it. I don't think I can make it.

Barbara was with Blaise at an emergency help center. She said it was best if I went to school. Little does she know being there with Blaise would have been easier than walking into that school with bruises on my neck. Because that's high school right? Every version of a story is popular except the truth. 

According to the students, I liked being fucked up the ass while being choked. I also got my ass beat for being gay. Others said my dad beat me for being gay, although that one could be true. None of these stories were the truth. No one could even know the truth. So I just let them spread.

I got to my locker, avoiding the stares I've been receiving for a while now, and threw my books into my bag before walking to my first class. Quickly, I sat in the desk pulling my hood up and putting my head down. I barely heard the sound of people shuffling into the classroom and the bell ringing when there was a tap on my shoulder.

"What," I said in a groan, not really looking to see who it was.

"Woah, Jupe, no need to be so hostile. I just wanted to talk." I lift my head up to see Noah.

"Sorry, I'm just—— today is a bad day. What's up?"

"Nothing, just coming back to school here is weird. Everything was way different in Spain."

"Yeah," I replied, distractedly, my mind drifting to think of Blaise.

I hope he's okay and not freaking out. After all I put him through it's time he's finally happy. I've been being selfish and only thinking of my feelings. I put his through hell these past few months and I know it was just as much my fault as it is his. He deserves better than me.

"Jupe," Noah said, dragging me from my thoughts.

"Yeah, sorry, I'm just really out of it."

He said something I didn't catch before turning around to face the front of the class.

I walked into the cafeteria purely to get some water before I left to go visit Blaise, when I was stopped by Macy.

"Jupiter, I just wanted to talk to you," she said as she ushered me off to a corner of the room. "I just wanted to let you know that I don't believe the rumors going around that you're ya know——"

"Macy, is there a point to this? I'm sorry, I just really need to be somewhere."

"I just—— I really like you, Jupe, and I've wanted to tell you this for so long but I was scared because of the rumors. But thy aren't true right? So I gathered up the courage to tell you," she said twiddling her thumbs.

I really don't want to hurt her. Maybe if I left her down gently she'll get the idea.

"I'm sorry, Macy, I really am, I just——"

And then all I felt were lips on mine.

Let me tell you it was nothing like I thought it would be. And to think I liked her just a few months ago. The kiss was one sided and sloppy. It was nothing like how Blaise kisses me. I felt absolutely nothing except disgust.