Chapter 9> Jupiter

A/N: I pretty much gave up on the POV pattern so it's just whoever fits the plot I guess.

My heart is pounding. Sweat drips down my head. My chest tightens. I feel like I can't breathe. I collapse on the ground trying to get air into my lungs before tearing my shirt off. I feel like I'm on fire.

"Why are we doing suicides when it is 90 degrees outside," Carmie yells dropping next to me.

"Why is it so hot? I'm going to die. Why did we have practice?" Lottie says. Her face lights up. "He wants us to die. Oh my god he's been planning this hasn't he? The death of his team. If I end up on an episode of Snapped they better use a good picture of me," she says flipping her ponytail.

"Lottie shut up your stupid is making me lose brain cells."

"Okay, it may be hot but I'm not afraid to kick your ass, Carmie," Lottie says squinting her eyes.

"I'd like to see you try, princess," he says getting up and sprinting away.

Lottie stood up and started chasing after Carmie.

"Guys, just don't exert yourselves," Blaise yelled after them. I turned my head to his direction.

Yup, sure act like you care about them then freaking play with them like you alwa-- what is wrong with me?

"Hey you still coming over tonight?" I hear from behind me. I turn to see Izzy taking a seat next to me. He was shirtless like me and had a soccer ball in his hands.

"Umm." He doesn't hate me? How does he not hate me? I literally used him to figure myself out then left. Like it was nothing. I used one of my best friends. It wasn't like I borrowed his car and scratched it up, I literally almost had sex with him. How is h—

"Jupe? Jupe?" My thoughts interrupted, I look up to see Izzy waving a hand in front of my face.

"Are you okay? I mean like really okay," he asks quietly leaning closer.

"No," I say rubbing my blank face.

"Wanna talk about it?"

"Are you going to give me a choice?"

"Mmmmmmm... No. Let's go talk inside the locker room," he says smiling at me. He gets up, dusting the dirt off his shorts before extending a hand to me. I take it and pull myself up. Izzy puts a hand on my back leading me to the locker room.

"Hey, where are you guys going? We still have practice," Blaise says running after us.

"We a... we are going to get the water coolers?" Izzy says but it comes out as more of a question.

"Really? Because the water coolers are already out there," Blaise replies sarcastically.

I smack Izzy outside the head, receiving an 'ow' in return.

"So,where are you really going, then?" Getting tired of his questioning I step forward and speak up.

"Where we are going is none of your business. Now, I'd mildly appreciate it if you'd stop questioning us because the sooner we leave the sooner we get back to practice. We already know what happens when you ask too many questions and try to be a part of things you shouldn't be, so let's no repeat that shall we?" I grabbed Izzy by the elbow and dragged him to the door.

"What?" I asked as we walked inside.

"That was very unlike you. Especially to Blaise."