Chapter 15> Jupiter

The anger I felt was unbearable. It stuck with me for days. I constantly felt like screaming. I felt like punching everything in sight. During this time, I stayed away from everyone, knowing that the slightest change in their tone of voice would set me off.

And Blaise? Well he just goes on living his life like normal while I can barely participate in normal activities like talking at lunch.

I sat on the bleachers, putting pre wrap over my shin guards to hold them in place. I then pulled my blue socks over the guards.

"Can I talk to you?" I look up to see Blaise with a straight look on his face.

Could it be that he is going to apologize? Was he going to say how wrong he was and how he was lying? Would everything go back to normal? Would we have or Harry Potter movie nights again? Could I be happy again? Could I have my best friend back?

All the questions fill my head as I follow him to an area not too far from the field where there weren't any people.

"I want to make sure that your feelings don't effect how you play today. This is a big game for us." He spoke in the most monotone voice I've ever heard him speak in.

I laughed.

I laughed because I actually thought that what he said was just out of anger and jealousy. It was fucking hilarious that I thought everything was going to be fine, that everything would be better with this one exchange. I'm so foolish for thinking my life could be anything but terrible.

"Don't worry, I won't ruin your precious game," I say, bitterly. I turn around walking back to the field seeing as the game is about to start.

"Jupe--iter, Jupiter?"

"What?," I ask roughly.

"I— nevermind," he says, shaking his head then starting to walk ahead of me.

"Shake hands," the referee ordered grouchily. Blaise and I shook hands with the opposing team captain. "I want a nice clean game got it?" I nod before walking to my position.

Our team gets the ball easily. I run up to where Carmie is, following the play we had practiced. He kicked the ball to me. I ran towards the goal with the ball, then faked like I was going to kick it in but instead kicked it to Lottie who was on my left. She revived the ball and almost instantly kicked the ball into the goal.

Once again the ball was put in the middle of the field. This time the other team got it and started heading towards our goal. Lottie ran to the player that had the ball, shoving him a little trying to get the ball. The player, quite literally, pushed her causing her to fall backwards. The sound of a whistle pierced through the air.

Here we fucking go again. What is wrong with these idiots and a girl playing on the boys team?

"What the fuck man," Blaise said, helping Lottie up.

"Maybe if she wasn't so sensitive. She shouldn't be playing on a boys team," he responded back, getting in Blaise's face. Okay sure I'm angry at him for what he did and said, but this guy looks pretty intimidating and I don't want anyone on my team to get hurt.

"I'm sorry what," Lottie replied walking up in front of Blaise.

I took this as my cue to try and separate them.

"You heard me. You should go do something meant for girls, like shop or look prett——"

"Okay," I said, pushing him back a little. "First you need to get out of her face. Second you don't need to be sexist just because you have a face that only a mother could love and no girl wants you. She can play on the fucking boys team if she wants, okay? Anyways it's obvious she's a hell of a lot better than you." I grab Lottie and start walking away, knowing that if I didn't she would beat his ass.