Chapter 5> Jupiter

Everything happened in slow motion. I watched as the ball flew into the sky. I watched as Blaise went to head it and the other guy followed. I watched Blaise go down and not get back up.

I ran over to him, seeing he was unconscious. I am going to kill this Roundhut player that did this to him.

I found the player standing with a gash on his head. Storming over I pushed him. Out of the corner of my eye I saw Izzy running towards me.

"What's your problem? You saw him going for the ball you dickhead! You could have killed him!" I yelled at the Roundhut kid.

"It's not my fault your little mommas boy can't handle being hit in the head." No, he didn't.

I lunged at him tackling him and punching him all of once before I was pulled off.

"Get off me, I'm gonna kill him," I said struggling to get free on the persons arms.

"Stop before you make a big mistake that could get you off the team and possibly suspended from school," Izzy said into my ear sending shivers down my spine. Woah.

"Alright just get off me."

"Fine lets go, they are bringing Blaise to the hospital," he said tugging my arm to my car.

We sat in the waiting room for around an hour before we heard anything.

I hate hospitals. The sterile smell, the people waiting anxiously to hear news that their loved one is either dead or dying or severely injured. The doctors who don't give a damn about who the patient is and what their situation is. Maybe it's because of how many times I've had to go in the past years.

"Jupiter Stokes?" I stood up and walked over to the woman.

"Is he okay? He's not dead right? Please, tell me he's not dead."

"He's fine. He will be unconscious for a little more, maybe and hour, but he is fine. He just has a concussion."

"Can we see him?" Izzy asked gesturing to me and himself.

"Of course."

We walked to the room in silence. I opened the door seeing Blaise on the hospital bed. Just the smell of the room made me feel dizzy with unwanted memories. I can't think about that. Not now.

I sat in the chair sighing heavily before looking at Izzy in the chair next to me.

"Well since I know he's okay I have to get home. You coming," Izzy asked getting up.

Should I leave? I mean he isn't going to wake for a while so why stay?

"Yeah let's go."

"You okay? You seem troubled," he stated, reaching out and squeezing my knee.

When we left the hospital, I decided to stay over Izzy's instead of going home and being alone.

"I'm fine." Izzy laughed.

"Listen I know you can fool everyone with that, but not me. I see right through you. I also see the bags under your eyes which mean you aren't sleeping well because of the nightmares and your eyes are dull and not as blue as the usually are. So tell me, are you not sleeping well because of the nightmares again or something else, or both?" Izzy said, looking deep into my eyes. Jesus, it feels like he's looking for my non-exsistant soul.