Chapter 20> Jupiter

On my way back into the living room I heard a loud crash then a thump. Once I reached, I saw there was a broken vase on the floor and a hole in the wall. Blaise was pacing back and forth pulling at his hair. Great, awesome.

"Blaise," I yell, "are you serious? You can't just throw shit around when you're angry or annoyed. Especially when it's a really fucking expensive vase my mother will probably murder me for!" I chose not to speak about the hole in the wall seeing as I've punched the wall when I was angry as well, so I got a broom and began to sweep up the pieces of the vase.

"You like him," he whispered still pacing back and forth.

"What Blaise? I don——"

"You like him," he yelled. "He likes you and your going to leave me for him. I mess up too much. He hasn't messed up at all. I just wanted him to know you're mine." I walk towards him.

"Blaise, I don't fucking belong to anyone. We aren't together and we aren't dating. I'm not an object, I'm a person. You're just being insecure an——" I begin turning back around to finish sweeping up the broken pieces when Blaise pushes me up against the wall forcefully, with his hand fisted around my shirt and his arm across my neck.

"I'm not insecure. I——I'm not crazy," he muttered looking down.

I try to wiggle my way out of his grasp a little, but that only made it tighter.

"I never said you were crazy, now let me go," I say sternly.

"YOU ARE LOOKING AT ME LIKE I AM," he yelled into my face.

"Blaise, I don't think your crazy. I know what happening right now is just an episode and you would never do this if you weren't sick. Now please, let me go." It was becoming harder to breathe and I was starting to feel a little uneasy being alone with Blaise at the moment.

"No, you're gonna leave me for him. He's perfect and I'm not. I want you to stay mine."

You know, if I wasn't currently losing my ability to breathe due to Blaise's tight grip on me, I would make a joke internally about how when someone says 'you're mine' they are probably going to follow with 'if I can't have you no one can' and then kill you, but seeing as there's a high-ish chance that could happen to me right now and I'm scared for my life, it doesn't seem as funny.

"Blaise let me go," I strangle out, trying to breathe. "I can't breathe."

But it was like he didn't even hear me. He continued to mutter on about how I'm going to leave him and how he isn't good enough, while black spots started to cloud my vision.

"Blaise," I try one last time, though it's barely even a whisper, before everything goes dark.

Suddenly, I can breathe again. I dropped to the ground, coughing and gasping for air.

"Oh my god! I didn—— I didn't mean to—— I wasn't trying to hurt you I jus—— I'm so sorry," Blaise said, no doubt through tears, as he came by my side and rubbed my back whole I tried to catch my breath.

I finally caught my breath as I leaned back on the wall closing my eyes, tuning out all the apologies Blaise was giving me. A single tear fell.

I had to admit I was sacred. I was scared because of what just happened, I was scared because of how I just saw my best friend. I was fucking terrified. And I knew that this wasn't him. I knew he was just having an episode, but I was still scared. I was scared of what this means for him and of this happening again.

But, even though I was scared, I still had to be there for him and be his best friend.

I dragged Blaise's arm to me before muttering a quiet and hoarse 'come here'. I wrapped my arms around him and I felt his body shake as he cried

And so we both say there hugging each other, scared and crying.

After Blaise was in his room, I went downstairs and explained what had happen to his mother and sister. His sister couldn't handle it, so she walked out crying. His mother, she collapsed onto a chair bawling her eyes out and I understood. She was scared for Blaise like I was.

My neck had started to bruise, my hair was a mess and my voice was still hoarse. But, I still held my arm out to his mother.

"Please, I really need a mom right now," I said before hugging her tightly. "I don't know what to do Barbara. I'm scared for him. I'm a little scared of him. I don't want that to happen again, I'm just scared." I cry into her shoulder.

"I know, I know, I am too. But, we are gonna call the doctor and see what he says, then we are going to do what he says and we are going to help him get better. It's the only thing we can do."

A/n: short chapter that's not edited. Don't hate me please.