Chapter 6> Blaise

I opened my eyes and quickly regretted it because I soon felt a sharp pain in my head. I tried to sit up.

Another bad idea.

I laid back down with my eyes closed for a while before trying to open them again. This time I was successful. I looked around at the room noticing my mother and my sister.

"Oh, good you're awake. We were so worried, honey," my mother said getting up and hugging me.

There was something off. Something was missing. Someone was missing.

"Where's Jupiter?" I asked voicing my thoughts.

"The doctor said He was here with your friend-ahh what's his name- the British one? Then he left with him," my sister spoke in a bored tone. Wow, thanks sis.

"Izzy?"

"Yeah, him. He left with him after they brought you into the room."

"Oh."

That irritated me for some reason. No matter what if one of us was hurt, the other would stick but his side until he was okay. Even if one was in the hospital.

That is how we work. That was how we work. I guess things change.

I was finally discharged from the stupid hospital an hour later and the first thing I did was go to Izzy's house. I had a feeling Jupiter was there because he hates being alone.

I walked up the steps and knocked on the door. Shuffling was heard on the other side of the door until it opened revealing Izzy's mother.

"Hello Blaise. So nice to see you!" she said with her warm accent, hugging me tightly.

"Nice to see you too. Is Jupiter here?"

"Oh yes, honey you can go right up to Izzy's room." I nodded and walked up the stairs towards his room. I placed my hand on the door knob turning it slowly.

Unbelievable.

Izzy was straddling Jupiter with his hands tangled in his hair, kissing him. They were both shirtless.

"Nice to know you weren't there when I woke up because you were fucking our best mate, Jupiter." They both raised their heads in the direction of the door. Izzy jumped off of Jupiter, his face red. Jupiter seemed startled but didn't seem to care.

"We were just-"

"You were just what? Huh? Jupiter, why don't you tell me anything? Why didn't you tell me you like boys?" I yelled. Why am I so mad?

Jupiter laughed walking closer to me. "See? This is why I don't tell you anything. You assume shit. Wasn't it you a few days ago saying you don't have to like boys to kiss them? How funny," he said in a sarcastic tone, getting all in my face. Why is he being so hostile?

"You were obviously enjoying it!"

"What can I say? Izzy's a fantastic kisser," he says smirking, not seeming to care about our current situation.

"What is wrong with you, Jupiter? First you freak out on me for kissing you for a dare. Then you say we need a 'break' from being friends and then you don't even stay in the hospital until I woke up. Now you're making out with Izzy and not giving a damn about our current situation," I yelled in his face. Jupiter's face darkened. Oh no. I think he finally just snapped.

"What's wrong with me?" he yelled pointing at himself. "All those things you just said are your fault. You kissed me and it made me revisit shit that I didn't need to revisit. You made me question my sexuality! I couldn't fucking be friends with you if all I wanted to do is kiss you all the fucking time! Blaise you think I didn't care you were in the hospital? I almost got kicked off the fucking team because I punched the guy that put you there. I stayed until I knew you were okay. I kissed Izzy because I didn't know how to figure out if I liked boys or not which you made me question. I was so stressed out this whole time about everything and it was a good release! It made me forget how actually fucked up my life actually is!" He paused gripping his hair tightly in frustration. "All you do is assume. Assume this assume that. Do you want to know why I'm so fucked up? Why I left the hospital? My father beat me for two years because he saw me kiss a boy when I was 14. Two years of beatings and him telling me being gay is wrong and that I'm disgusting, that I'm a disappointment. My mom didn't even notice because she was always working. It got worse as time passed and I ended up in the hospital one day with serious injuries. She didn't even care. She got me therapy and continued working all the time. My father left after that. My mom blamed me. That's what you made me think about ever day and night since you kissed me. That's why I tried acting like I didn't care about this. That's why me wanting to kiss you all the bloody time isn't okay. That's why we can't and never will be friends again. Because, I'm too fucked up and it's unhealthy for both of us," he yelled running his hands down his face in defeat. He laughed. It wasn't a happy laugh it was a laugh filled with sorrow and pain.

"It sucks, because I fucking like you. Like a lot. But you know what? I'm done with everything. I'm done with you and I'm done with the world. Everything."

I never knew any of this was happening. He was always wore a smile up until he was 14 and I had no idea why he stopped. Now I do. I always thought his father was an okay man. He never showed any sign of being abusive or anything like that. I noticed bruises on Jupiter, but every time I'd ask he'd just brush it off. Well now I know.

He turned to Izzy before hugging him. "I'm sorry this happened at your house and I'm sorry for kissing you and shit. Bye."

"It's fine, Jupiter. Just- please don't do anything you'll regret."

Jupiter picked up his shirt, tossed it over his shoulder and rushed out the door. Not before mumbling "No promises."

"Jupiter, I did—" I started but he was too far.

Shortly after I heard the sound of the front door slamming so hard it shook the house. Then the car door and the skid of Jupiter's tires against the pavement as he sped off.

What have I done? I ruined him. I broke him and I didn't even notice. I hurt him.

He likes me.

A/N: Well. That happened.  Sorry this is short and un_edited. Um yeah I'm just gonna go now.

Question of the chapter:
Do you think Blaise fucked up?

You can leave any questions you have here.

Bye now lovelies,

-me