Chapter 4> Blaise

I grabbed Jupiter by the arm and dragged him out of the cafeteria. I'm not usually this harsh, but it's obvious me waiting for Jupe to come to his senses isn't going to work. I'm not going to wait around weeks, possibly months and throw away the best friendship I've ever had just because I kissed him. It's not like it even meant anything anyway.

I continued walking down the hall pulling Jupiter with me until I felt my arm being jerked back.

"Blaise, please just--what do you want?" Unbelievable.

"What do I want? I want you to stop ignoring me. I want you to get over this stupid little blip in our friendship. I want my friend back. Look at me, Jupiter. I'm a mess and all I want is for you to care."

"Oh, you're a mess? Look at me. I've been a mess since I was 14 and you know why."

"All you did was tell me it was your dads fault. You didn't even tell me why!"

"Maybe I don't want you to know. Maybe I'm ashamed and I physically can't tell anyone."

"I'm your best friend J-"

"Are you? Are you really?"

Wow, that hurt. Like really bad actually.

"Honestly I can't tell anymore. You freaking kissed me. Like your mouth was on mine. Best friends don't do that," he said. Now I'm getting frustrated. In all our years of being friends I have never once actually got mad, or frustrated with Jupiter apart from the minor little things and stuff. Guess there is a first for everything.

"How many times do I have to tell you? It was a dare. You kissed back too. It meant nothing. Me kissing you doesn't change anything. You are making this way more than it really is, Jupiter. Stop tearing yourself up about this. It was for a stupid game that stupid teenagers play. Let's just pretend it never happened and go back to how we were before."

"That's the thing I don't know if I can pretend this didn't happen. I don't know if I can go back to how we used to be. At least not now," he said starting towards the door. I followed him.

"Jupiter, please just think this through. You're saying that you want to throw away years of friendship because of one little kiss."

"Blaise, I think we need to take a break from being friends."

"Jupiter, come on," I said walking after him grabbing his arm for the second time.

He pulled his arm away and looked at me.

"Bye, Blaise."

It's been two weeks. Two weeks since Jupiter stopped talking to me. And honestly, I'm a mess. I don't want to eat, I can't sleep, so to say I look like complete and utter shit is true.

God I sound like a lovesick boy.

This is honestly the longest Jupiter has gone without talking to me. Before this it was 1 day. I don't even know if I can fix this. I DON'T EVEN KNOW WHAT I DID!

I grabbed my bag from the car and walked through the front doors of West Coast High School. Yay.

I walked to my locker ignoring all the stares I was getting. That's the one thing about being popular. If something happens in your life everyone knows or wants to know. Everyone heard me and Jupiter had a falling out. Some know why and some don't. Some are just making up stories. All I get are questions about what happened between us.