Chapter Nineteen: Comfortably Numb

A/N: I have no idea who made this fan art (tell me if you know), but my god is it beautiful. Lyrics are a bit wrong, but it's still glorious.
_______________________________________

You woke up in Mark's arms, his shallow breaths were the only sound in the room. You smiled to yourself, enjoying his warm embrace. You didn't know how often you would get to do this so you were gonna savor every moment.

You had to pee. You tried to gently get up but Mark pulled you close to him. He had a firm grip on your waist and didn't plan on letting go any time soon.

"Come on, stay a little longer." He said in a gruff, morning voice.

"I gotta pee, man." You replied and he reluctantly let go of you. You turned back to him to see the floof sticking up in wild directions and a pout on his face. He was so precious.

You went to the bathroom in Mark's bedroom. When you entered came back, Mark had disappeared. You chose to go back to your room, wanting to get dressed and ready for the day.

Walking in the hall, you see Dark walking towards you. Instinctively, you got a little nervous because he would usually get pissed if he saw you with Mark.

"Good morning." He said with a smile and gave you a peck on the lips. He brushed pass you and continued onward. You were enjoying this change in mood of his. You didn't have to be scared of him anymore.

You walked back to your room and it was pitch black. You tried to flick on the lights but nothing happened. You felt a hand cover your mouth as you desperately tried to cry out. The assailant's free arm wraps around your torso.

"(Y/N) remains quiet." The Host says quietly in your ear. "She will not scream when The Host releases her."

You nodded to confirm his words and allowed you to be free. You turned around to face where his voice was coming from.

"How did you get in here, Host?" You snapped at him quietly, slightly irritated from him scaring the shit out of you.

"The Host has his ways." He said, mysteriously. He flicked the lights back on and you noticed his cloth was a little more bloody than last time you saw it.

"Why are you here, though?" You crossed your arms, analyzing every detail about him. You tried to detect anything unusually sketchy about him, but found nothing.

"The Host needs to tell you something." He informed you, "looking" around the room.

"Okay." You weren't sure what else to say at the moment. "What is it?"

"I'm King of the Squirrels." A man with a crown and peanut butter on his face said. He wiped his hand on his cheek, flicked his tongue out of his mouth and shut the door with a curt nod.

"What the fuck was that?" You were very confused and unsure if you should go tell Dark about your new friend.

"The King of the Squirrels." He said, sarcastically. You rolled your eyes at him and continued with your string of questions.

"What is it that you wanted to tell me?" You asked and The Host came closer to you. You instinctively backed up against the wall and held your hands out to stop him. He stopped when his chest touched your hand.

"Why is (Y/N) scared of The Host?" He asked as if he was genuinely curious. He gave you an unnerving smile. Something was wrong. "He is coming nearer to whisper to her. It is a secret, after all."

"You aren't getting any closer, Host. You can tell me from here." You were assertive, still keeping your hands out to prevent him from moving towards you. You really didn't want to hurt The Host after everything he had done for you. He didn't seem like a bad guy.