Chapter Twenty Five: You Can't Give Up

You awoke with a start and found yourself laying on hard cement floor. You rubbed the sleep from your eyes and noticed that you had all of your fingernails. You were fully clothed and your body didn't hurt in any way.

Was it all a dream? You looked around to see bullet holes in the floor where Wilford shot at you. You still had that sunken feeling in your heart and the lack of fight within you. Overall, you had the same emotional pain, just not the physical.

"It was all real, sweetheart." Wilford's voice startled you as he appeared in the middle of the room. You stood up quickly and kept your distance. "Well, for the most part."

"What did you do to me?" You glared at him, although your fear was through the roof. You never wanted to go through that again.

"I didn't do anything." Wilford smirked and looked to his side. "But he did." Dark appeared next to him in his standard grey suit. Your heart rate instantly picked up and you felt a panic coming on. You trembled fiercely, cowering before him. You sunk to the floor and brought your knees to your chest. You felt like you were losing your damn mind.

Wilford paced around Dark and Dark watched Wilford carefully. You noticed that Dark would...glitch? Dark was staring at you now and you looked away. You couldn't look him in the eye anymore, you felt too much sorrow and anxiety.

"What the fuck was all of that?" You asked, irritation present in your voice. Wilford glared at you and Dark took a step towards you. You held your hands out to block your face and pressed up against the wall as hard as possible.

"Maybe if you're good, I'll tell you." Wilford said, smirking down at you. You glared at him defiantly. He walked over and crouched in front of you. "You know what he's capable of. Don't think I won't use him again."

You swallowed your pride and nodded, staring at the floor beside him. He gently placed his hand on your thigh and gave it a squeeze. As he was about to withdraw his hand, you grabbed his wrist and pulled him towards you. Dark advanced towards you but Wilford held his hand out for him to stop.

"What happened to you regretting what you did to me?" A tear fell from your eye. "You said I could be happy with you. You said you loved me." You squeezed his wrist tightly, gritting your teeth at him. Wilford looked down at the ground, unsure of what to say.

"Let me tell you something, Wilford." You loosened your grip on his wrist, but held him in place with your eyes. "The shit you're pulling is NOT what people who love each other do."

"It's for your own good." He ripped his wrist from your grasp and stood up.

"You think Dark nearly beating me to death was for my own good?!" You screamed at him. He stiffened, glancing back at you with a look of shock on his face. He looked at Dark for a few seconds before disappearing and leaving you alone with him. His gazed lingered on you; he didn't say a single word.

"Stop fucking staring at me!" You snapped, getting irritated. Dark didn't respond, but he did walk towards you. He sat right next to you and continued to stare. It was really creeping you out, as well as making you nauseous. Just thinking of what he did made you break down into tears again.

You tried to stand up, but his grip on your upper arm forced you to sit once more. He didn't take his eyes off of you so you put your back to him. You heard scuffling and were pulled to lean against his torso, his arms wrapped around your waist. You struggled in attempts to move away, but he was too strong. You didn't want to hit him again in fear fo making him angry.

"Why are you doing this?" You sobbed your body falling limp in his arms. "Why can't you just leave me alone?"

"I enjoy your pain." He said softly and you stiffened. He was truly a sadistic psychopath.

"I am still able to hear your thoughts." He growled and his grip tightened. His voice became distorted and you noticed the room grow darker.

"I'm sorry." You muttered over and over again until the room brightened up again. Dark held you there for a while, long after you had stopped crying. He ended up falling backwards and took you with him. You laid there on top of him, listening to his soft breaths. You turned your head to listen to his abnormally slow heart beat.

You felt depleted of all energy. What was the point in fighting if he was just going to keep torturing you? You had given up on everything by now; your rescue wasn't coming. How could they find you anyways?

"Why don't you just fucking do it already?" You asked when you finally got enough courage to speak.

"Do what?" He asked curiously, his hold on your loosened. You sat up and moved away from him.

"Kill me." You turned around and glared at him. He frowned at your request and leaned back on his hands.

"Why should I?" He flashed his sharp canines in a seductive grin. "You're much more fun alive, my dear."

"Huh." You saw right through his bullshit, you were very clever after all. "You can't kill me." Dark didn't show an indication with or not you were correct.

"How ironic." (Isn't that I-R-O-N-I-C-I-N-O-R-I-R-O-N-I-C?) You said, chuckling at the thought. "Someone's actually managed to control YOU, of all people."

"Do not test me, (Y/N)." He growled, leaning towards you. You looked away from him, shivering in fear. You didn't want him to touch you anymore. You hated that he made you feel this way. Am I going to act like this around my Dark? Is this going to ruin our relationship?

You leaned against the wall behind you and rested your head on your knees. You sniffled quietly, letting more tears flow. The heavy feeling in your chest was eating you alive. It felt like there was a black hole inside of you, sucking all of your happiness and hope into its abyss.

"Can you at least tell me what you are?" Your voice was muffled by your knees, but you were sure Dark heard you.

"Perhaps." You heard him stand up and move in front of you. You didn't dare look up. "If you dance with me."

You looked up at him cautiously, his palm was outstretched to you. He looked at you coldly, a blank expression on his face. You clenched your jaw, debating on his offer. He's going to get pissed if I say no, but I don't want this to taint my memory of dancing with my Dark.

"Why?" You asked, pulling your knees closer to your chest.

"I think it will be enjoyable." He smiled at you again, his eyes were soft and inviting.

"Do you expect me to forget what you did to me?" Your lip quivered and your voice shook. Dark dropped his hand back to his side.

"Darling," He chuckled at you, crouching so that he was eye level, "I hope you never forget what I did to you."

"You've gotten too comfortable with me." He stood back up again and backed away. "I intend on fixing that."

You were more determined than ever to preserve your feelings about your Dark. He would never hurt you like this monster did and he would never betray you. You refused to lose sight of why you gave yourself to him, why you let him in. It was all because you loved him and this wouldn't change that. Nothing would.

You stood up defiantly, clutching your fists. You were going to fight him, even if he breaks every bone in your body. He laughed at your motions, stepping closer to you.

"You truly are a fighter." His hands were still behind his back and he leaned towards you. "Show me what you've got and let's see how far this rabbit hole really goes."

You were still afraid, but you couldn't give up just yet. The shadow of Dark's muscular frame looms over you, filling you with determination!