Chapter Thirteen: Trapped

A/N: Can we just take a moment to talk about Dark's hands in this gif. Like goddamn.
____________________________________
"Mark!" You tried using the bond to call out for him, but nobody came. There was a cold, sinking feeling in your chest. It was as if all warmth and security had been viciously ripped from your body.

"Run, little piggy." The voice behind you said and so you did. You sprinted at full speed down halls you didn't recognize. You had no idea where the hell the door was and you were hopelessly lost. A faint ringing was heard in the background, growing louder each time you stopped to take a breath.

You felt your heart sink when the bunker had stopped shaking. Your window of opportunity had fled. You were set up for failure when Dark teleported you away.

If you hadn't taken so much time fighting him, he wouldn't have been able to use his magic. The irrational guilt in your set heavy in your heart.

You thought of how to reach Mark now. Texting, maybe? You didn't have your phone on you, having left it in your room. You should be able to open the door now, you just had to find your room first.

*Mark's POV*

"(Y/N)!" He cried desperately, clawing at the door. The other egos held Mark back from re-entering.

"Let me go you bastards!" Mark screamed, trying to fight his way back into the bunker. "We can't just leave her in there with him!"

"Stop!" The Doctor said, holding one of Mark's arms back. "We can't risk locking you in there!"

"Why the fuck not?!" Mark snapped, pausing his struggle for a moment.

"You are the only person capable of re-opening the bunker. You are the person who sealed the last room." Google stated matter-of-factly, holding Mark's other arm.

"Are you aware that the bunker has a cool down period before it may be re-opened?" Google asked Mark, to which Mark gave a curt nod.

Mark slumped over in defeat because he knew they were right. He hated leaving her in there with the dastardly demon he created. Not only was she stuck with Dark, Wilford was in there too. At least Mark had managed to get him back in his cell before Mark left.

After the 10 minute window had past, the egos let go of Mark. He sank to the floor with tears in his eyes and anxiety in his chest. He had failed her, the guilt was consuming him.
How could he forget to put Dark in a magic-proof cell? He was so focused on moving Dark as far from the lab as possible that he completely ignored that crucial part.

Mark's cellphone rang, jolting everyone out of their daze. He pulled it out and gasped at the person calling. It was (Y/N)!

"Mark?" She called out to him, sounding like she was crying. "Are you there?"

"Yes, (Y/N)!" He said in a distraught tone, "I am so sorry." He apologized over and over again.

"Mark, please listen." She said frantically, "You need to tell me if Wilford is locked up."

"He is." Mark replied as fast as he could without cutting her off. He wanted to savor anytime with her that he could.

"Good." She sighed, "But dark, he's fucking insane and I don't know what to do. Is there any possible way you could get me out of here?"