Chapter Twenty One: A Show

*Casually sticks in a picture of Mark's show in Detroit that I totally didn't take because I totally didn't go.*
(I'm human garbage, I'm sorry).
____________________________________
You spent the last of your allotted 48 hours as close to both Mark and Dark as you could. You had no idea what The Host was plotting. You refused to give in to his ultimatum, you would fight for your boys.

The mental pep-talks you had to give yourself about facing The Host were losing their power. Your focus was fleeting, due to the dread that was in the air. Even Dark felt unsettled by it and he was the queen of dread. But, you were glad it wasn't just you that felt a sense of foreboding. Shit was about to go down and neither Mark nor Dark planned on leaving your side.

When the two days were up, The Host never showed. In fact, everything seemed normal, for once. You still wouldn't be put off guard because you knew better. Shit could hit the ceiling faster than a bus could hit a college student that jumped in front of said bus.

It had been a month since The Host's visit and there was still no commotion. Dark never mentioned anything about Wilford and Mark seemed to be okay. Red and The Doctor were acting no different, but Creepiplier had gone silent. No one really knew where he was.

You were in the library, chilling on the third floor for a change, when you heard stippy steps coming up the stairs. Dark's beautiful face appeared around a corner as he casually strolled over to you. He had a relaxed expression on his face, but his eyes lit up when he saw you. Even after all this time, Dark hadn't grown tired of seeing your face.

"(Y/N)," Dark gazed down at you as you were sitting in your chair. You set the book on your lap and looked up to him. "Would you care to accompany me to a show?"

"Is it safe?" You said; you could never be too cautious in these days. You couldn't risk being caught unprepared.

"I wouldn't dare put my darling in danger." He gave you that sly smile of his. He seemed to be in a lovey-dovey type mood, which was uncharacteristic of him. Better appreciate it while it lasts.

"Well, in that case, I would love to go." You smiled back at him. "What are we watching?"

"You'll see." His expression shifted into a mysterious one as he backed away from you. "Be ready by six."

"Okie dokie." Dark leaned down and kissed you. He pulled away and you went back to reading as Dark disappeared with a pop sound. His teleportation usually didn't make a noise. Maybe it was because he's excited?

At six exactly, Dark knocked on your room's door. You had been ready for a few minutes, but you got distracted on your phone.

"Are you ready, my dear?" Dark was dressed in a grey blazer, a white button up shirt (the collar button was undone), grey slacks, and dress shoes. His eyeliner was stunning, as always. (I really want to see Dark with winged eyeliner) His hair was messier than he usually allowed it to be, but he knew you digged his disheveled look.

"Waiting on you." You said sarcastically, which earned you a playful glare. "Let's go." You told him.

Dark moved close to you and wrapped his arms around your waist. You felt a rush of wind and boom, the two of you were in front of a theater. You looked up to the theater Marquee and saw the words "Bo Burnham What." (no, this story isn't set in 2013, I just really wanted to do something with a Bo Burnham performance because I'm garbage. If you don't know who he is, check him out on YouTube. He's amazing).

"Huh." You furrowed your brow at Dark, "Never would've pegged you for a comedy guy."

"What, a demon can't indulge in comedy?" He got a little defensive, but it was cute. You wrapped your arms around his neck and gave him a peck on the lips.