Chapter Twenty: Earth Angel

A/N: More beautiful fan art. Credit:???
____________________________________

You were shocked to hear those words come out of his mouth, but you knew he was right. You thought the big reveal would happen somewhere extravagant and romantic, but nope. It was going to happen right here, right now, in this dingy bunker.

"What are you talking about?" A perplexed Mark asked, casting glances between the two of you.

"You will see." Dark cut in, sitting next to you. Dark gestured for Mark to sit as well and the three of you were in a little triangle. All of you locked hands closed your eyes.

You and Mark appeared in a black room filled with stars and galaxies. Mark was dazzled (How's it going Dazzlers?) by the sight around you, a childlike joy filled his eyes. Dark was nowhere to be seen, but you could feel that he was there.

"Do I just tell him?" You called out, intending on reaching Dark.

"Why not?" Dark said nonchalantly. You stared at Mark, noticing that he was wearing a black suit with a black dress shirt and white bow tie. He looked really good in a suit, it's like lingerie for men. But then again, what doesn't Mark look good in? Am I right lads, or am I right lads?

"This is going to sound like bullshit, but have an open mind okay?" You forewarned him and he nodded.

"You're an Angel." You blurted out, unsure how to phrase it better. Mark looked like he was about to laugh. "Like a literal Angel."

"You're right, that does sound like bullshit." He chuckled, it was clear he didn't believe you. Dark laughed in the background, knowing Mark wouldn't buy it.

"Now what?" You called out to Dark, "How do I prove it to him?"

"Take Mark's hand." Dark's voice was omnipresent, there was no singular direction the sound came from.

You did as he said, Mark's hands felt warm in yours. You noticed he was smiling, looking at you with pure admiration. You blushed at his soft gaze.

"Both of you, close your eyes." Dark instructed and you both did. "(Y/N), recall the memories of my Angelic revelation."

You nodded and thought hard of everything Dark showed you. You were able to remember every word that was spoken, every feeling that you had, and everything you saw. You felt as if you were reliving it all once more. When you opened your eyes, you saw the shocked look on Mark's face.

"Would the two you like to bind your souls together?" Dark asked, no hint of malice in his voice. He was genuinely curious.

"Yes." Mark said with no hesitation. You wondered if he had thought about this before.

"Yes." Your answer mirrored his. You knew you wanted to give yourself to him like you did to Dark. You loved Mark and you wanted to be with him forever.

"Kiss him." Dark said, and you dropped Mark's hands and cupped his face. You pressed your lips to his and felt his lips heat up. You opened your eyes and pulled back to see Mark's eyes glowing a blazing white. You stepped away from him to see wings on his back; they were made of the same material as Dark's wings, but they appeared different. Mark's wings contained galaxies in them, some were swirling. They were beautiful.

"I remember." Mark said as the light faded from his eyes. Dark appeared next to the two of you. "I remember everything."

"So..." You looked between the two of them, "How did you even end up forgetting all of this in the first place?"

"That's a story for another time." Mark looked at you, he appeared much older than he had before. Not physically, but his expression held a certain wisdom to it. You never thought you'd be able to say that.