Chapter Eighteen: A Date With Darkiplier

On day seven of being in the bunker, you gave The Doctor a call. Dark was right, Doctor Iplier told you he already knew Dark was fine now. He sounded a little nervous, too.

Mark told you it should only take a few hours to break the barrier. You were so ready to go outside and see Mark again. It's going to be strange to see him, now that you knew he isn't human. You couldn't tell him either, not yet. Dark said you'd know when it was the right time, but you weren't sure about that.

Wilford was nowhere to be seen, not even Dark could find him. It was disconcerting, you knew he was up to something. You had to let it go for now and continue onward with your current goal.

You and Dark walked the halls towards the exit. Mark had told you they were nearly done and you felt your heart beat pick up with excitement. The bunker began to shake, Dark held you close to him.

As soon as the ground stilled, the door flew open. Mark ran down the stairs at you and engulfed you in a bear hug. Mark was apologizing again for getting you stuck in here and telling you how much he missed you. It was really heart warming.

You could see Dark behind Mark, smiling sweetly. He didn't look jealous or upset in any way that Mark was all over you. You felt so loved right now and it was a nice end to a horrible week.

"Where's Wilford?" Mark asked Dark after he backed off of you. Dark shrugged and Mark looked pissed. "What does that mean? How did you lose him?"

Everyone heard a chuckled towards the exit and there Wilford was, holding the handle to the door. His hand was engulfed in pink magic and he sent it at all of you. Everyone was knocked to the ground and unable to move. You watched Wilford open the door, wink at you, and close it behind him.

"What the fuck just happened!" Mark yelled, still laying on the ground with everyone else.

"It appears that Wilford has casted a stun spell." Google's robotic voice answered Mark. "It should wear off in approximately five minutes."

"Google, do a scan on Wilford's location." Mark commanded him.

"He is off premises." Google said, "Someone is aiding his escape. I am unable to detect who it is."

You all silently laid immobile on the floor until Wilford's spell weakened. As soon as Mark could, he sat up and put his head in his hands. You listened in to his thoughts, you didn't realize you could do that.

"Why am I such a fucking idiot?! Everything is my fault! I don't know what to do." He thought, groaning in frustration. He felt you reading his mind and glared at you.

"Sorry." You muttered, looking away from him. You scooted over to Mark and put your arm around him. He leaned his head on your shoulder and the two of you sat there for a while. Everyone else had walked away while you were comforting Mark.

"It's okay." You rested your head against his.

"No, it's not." He said in a broken voice, "I caused this and Dark hurt you-"

"Dark and I are okay." You smiled, thinking of the most recent memories between the two of you. Mark didn't say anything.

"Listen," You began, gently pushing Mark off of you so you could gaze into his eyes. "We'll figure this out. You're the strongest person I know, Mark, and you are not alone."

"Thanks, (Y/N)." He smiled weakly. You got to your feet and helped Mark up. He wandered off to his room, but before he rounded the corner, he turned to you. "Is there something you need to tell me?"

"No." You got a little nervous, wondering if you should tell him about the whole Angel thing. You can't just go up to someone and be like: "Hey, buddy pal friend chum, you're not actually human. You're an Angel who created all of these egos and some how you don't remember a single thing about it!"