Chapter Eight: Quiet In The Library

The Doctor led you through his labyrinth of a lab, grabbing some "essential items." You followed his lead as the two of you descended to the second floor. Your heart stopped when you heard one of the egos mucking about, but you managed to avoid whoever it was.

You found Mark's room and The Doctor freed him. Mark was reluctant to let Doctor Iplier help, but you convinced Mark that The Doc was fine (he wasn't, but Mark didn't need to know that). You'd fill Mark in on the details later.

"How are we going to get Dark out of here?" You asked The Doctor.

"I grabbed some sedatives," He gestured to the brief case he was carrying. "One of us will have to lure him out from wherever he's hiding. We should do it near the exit so we won't have to carry him as far."

"Let's go." You replied and Doctor Iplier continued on. Dread filled you because you knew you would have to be the bait.

Once the three of you managed to get to the exit, not without a few close calls from more personas wandering about, you set your plan into motion. The Doctor and Mark hid around a corner, waiting for Dark to come.

"I'm at the exit, Edgelord, and I'm not leaving without you." You called to him through the link. Dark appeared a few feet away from you.

He looked pissed as ever. His eyes were black, accompanied with a scowl. He walked closer to you, you didn't break eye contact out fear of giving away your companions. He grabbed your upper arms tightly, but before he could do anything, The Doctor had quietly moved behind Dark and injected him with sedative.

Dark let you go and slowly started to fall. Mark and The Doctor caught him, Mark shifted Dark so that he could carry Dark over his shoulder. You followed them out of the house and they found a car to use. Doctor Iplier unlocked the car and went to help Mark. You hopped in the back seat, helping them situate Dark in. Mark got in the front seat, The Doc in the passanger's, and away the three of you went.

Dark's form had slumped over, his head falling into your lap. It weirded you out a little at first, but you decided to just accept it. He was pretty heavy to move anyways, especially with that big head of his.

You looked out the window, watching the country side go by. It sure was pretty out here and relatively serene. Too bad Wilford had to ruin it. Bastard.

You ran your fingers through Dark's hair, it was soft and oddly comforting to you. You watched his chest rise and fall; he looked peaceful and content. It made you feel sad about his current state of mind, knowing how much pain he was going through.

Everyone in the car was deadly silent. None of you could think of anything to say, nor did any you feel like talking. You enjoyed the lack of noise, because for once, the quiet wasn't violent.

"(Y/N)," Dark muttered in his sleep and you held your breath. Mark and The Doc appeared to do the same, but Dark stilled once more.

You all got back to the bunker, Mark carried Dark inside while The Doctor carried his briefcase. Mark led you down a corridor with cells that Dark could be put in. Mark picked one of the rooms and gently set Dark on the bed inside.

"I gotta go grab the keys to the cell. I'll be back in a few minutes." Mark said briefly, before rushing out of the room. He wanted to get what he needed ASAP, just in case sleeping beauty decided to wake up early.

"So," You broke the awkward silence between you and Doctor Iplier, "How is this arrangement going to work?"

"Once we secure Dark here," He gestured at Dark, "You're going to show me where Wilford is being kept."