Chapter Twenty Nine: A New Friend

You slept decently the night previous and you were quite shocked. You didn't question it; you had bigger fish to fry. Today was going to be a long day and the anticipation of tomorrow was already giving you anxiety. What if Wilford does succeed in his plan? I'll lose everything.

You didn't have time for what ifs, you needed to enjoy this last day of peace. You weren't sure when another quiet day would come and life is about living in the moment. Worries of the future and regrets of the past will only bring you down.

You did your morning routine and got dressed for the day. Your morning was relatively normal, all things considered. You made breakfast, hung out with Mark and Dark, and played on your phone/watched TV. The afternoon is when it started to get a little hectic.

"Accompany me." Dark said to you, folding his hands behind his back.

"Dark is stressed, isn't he?" You shot a message to Mark through the bond. You wanted to make sure you weren't misreading him.

"Yeah, that's why he's acting like he has a stick up his ass." Mark responded. You glanced to your side at Dark and noticed that he was rolling his neck.

"I can hear both of you." He said irritability. He pulled on the collar of his hoodie and fixed the strings so that they were even.

"Try to calm down a little." You reached for his hand and held it gently. "You're going to pop a blood vessel if you keeping stressing."

You could feel his anxiety just by the way he was gripping your hand. He seemed to have calmed down by the time you saw that semi-familiar silver door. He held the door for you and you noticed a lot of the jars and potion stuff was gone. You looked over at Dark curiously, expecting an explanation, but you received nothing.

"Hey, Dark," You smirked upon seeing that beautiful grenade launcher. "Can I-"

"No." He interrupted, glaring at you. There was no light-hearted banter between the two of you like there used to be. You fell silent, unsure of what to say. He scuffled around the room, grabbing a duffle bag to start packing stuff.

"Why are you so worried?" You blurted out. Dark stood up straight, keeping his back to you. "I've never seen you like this."

"I'm afraid." Dark muttered quietly, you were surprised that you even heard him.

"Why?" You asked. He had never been truly terrified before, he was usually more collected.

"I am unsure if winning is possible." He said softly, he still faced away from you. "I've never been this uncertain before. I don't like this feeling."

"We have to assume we will win." You walked closer to him and hugged him from behind. "Raspy Hill is your place. You'll have the most control, right?"

"Yes."

"And you know the entire place like the back of your hand?" You asked and you felt him loosen up a little.

"Yes."

"You already have two huge advantages." You backed off and grabbed his upper arm gently. You turned him around to face you. "You and Mark are more powerful than all of them."

"We will do this." You held his face in your hands. You could see the poorly masked anxiety across his features. "I believe in you." You kissed him softly and you felt him relax a little more.

"So," You said, pulling back, "let's gather our supplies first, run through the plan again, and prepare everything we need to."

"Okay." He said, a small smile fell upon his lips. He pulled you into a gentle embrace. "Thank you for this."

Dark gathered some medical supplies, a few different guns and knives, metal bats, and whatever potions and various jars he had left. He packed them all into a single duffle bag and zipped it up. He opened up the wardrobe and pulled out three bullet proof vests, gun holsters, scabbards, brass knuckles, three hoodies, and set them on the table behind him.

"How come you're only grabbing sets of three?" You asked curiously, remembering that Creepiplier was apart of the team.

"Creepiplier is staying here." He said bluntly. "He is a liability." You felt a bit upset at how Dark talked about Creepiplier, but there was no room for error. The ramifications would be too costly.

Dark moved around the room, searching for something. He sighed in relief when he held up a gun to you.

"Stun guns." He waved one at you. They reminded you of phasers from Star Trek.

"Why'd you grab the other guns if we're using stun guns?" You asked with concern. You thought that it was a bit risky, especially when killing one of them will kill them all.

"Oh (Y/N)," A hint of mischief twinkled in his eye. "The Ipliers won't be the only living creatures in Raspy Hill. Did you forget about the mannequins?"

"Can't you control them?" Anxiety laced your words. You really needed to get a stress ball or something.

"It takes a lot of concentration." He stated simply. "They are autonomous. I can't control them and fight simultaneously."

"Oh." You didn't have anything else to say.

"Which is why we'll need some help." Dark smirked at you as he opened up a drawer. He grabbed an ear piece and spoke into it. "Come here, please."

You waited for this mystery person as Dark walked in to the wardrobe. You were about to question it, but you saw him twisting a dial in the wall. A latch popped open and inside was Dark's special knife.

"Isn't taking that also a bit dangerous?" You questioned him.

"Very." He held the knife securely. "It will aid with the mannequins." Dark's voice was cut off by the sound of wheels rolling on the cement. The mystery person had finally decided to make their entrance.

"Suh Dudes."