Chapter Sixteen: Concern and Forgiveness

A/N: Sexy times will come at some point in this chapter. I'll mark where it starts and stops so you can skip it if you want.

*Future author: Please skip it.
____________________________________
Dark glanced back at you with no emotion on his face. He teleported away, not wanting to look at you anymore.

You didn't know if you meant everything you said, but you were hurt by Dark's actions. Whether or not he was himself was starting to matter less and less. It was growing tiresome to continuously tell yourself that it wasn't his fault.

4 more days left.

For now, all you could do was work on rebuilding your wall. Dark had eradicated it and now you would have to start from the beginning. At least this time you knew what you were doing and had some practice.

I need to tell Mark about Wilford!

Not happening. His voice echoed through your head. The barrier in your head was still too weak to prevent him from hearing you.

You can't stop me.

Would you like to test that theory?

Fuck you. You were still pissed and his desire to control you only fueled your anger. Dark didn't reply this time.

You walked back to your room and saw that your phone was nowhere in sight. Dark must have taken it. God, he was so fucking frustrating. Why did I stay with him? When is he going to stop hurting me?

You knew he heard you, but you didn't care. There was no point in holding back now, the damage was already done. You would punch your mirror again if you could.

Another day went by with no fuss, other than occasional sightings of Wilford. Whenever you saw him your body would cringe up and shudder. It took every ounce of control to not break down again. When you didn't have the anger to protect you, all of the other emotions would come.

The fifth day was the day when you noticed a big change in Dark. His voice was no longer garbled and his skin wasn't grey anymore, just extremely pale. Wilford was nowhere to be seen.

"(Y/N)?" Dark called while you were in the kitchen, grabbing some food.

"What?" You said shortly, not even turning around to face him. You were still pissed at him.

"Here." He said, holding out his hand. You turned around to see your cellphone in his hand. You cautiously reached out and grabbed it from him.

You squinted at him, trying to detect an ulterior motive. His eyes never left yours, something about them still looked dead. They looked glassed over and you saw black ooze travel down from one eye.

"Dark," You said, concern lacing your voice, "What is..." You pointed at his face and he brought his hand to his cheek. He looked down at the black goop coating his finger. (Goop juice?) He panicked and sprinted out of the kitchen, ignoring your calls after him.

At least he was showing emotion now, but the terror on his face set off warning bells. You needed to call Mark.

"(Y/N), why didn't you call or text me?" Mark anxiously asked.

"Dark took my phone," You said apologetically, "Can I talk to The Doctor, please?"

"Oh," He sounded disappointed, "Sure. Hold on." You waited a minute before you heard someone else take the phone.

"Hello?" The Doctor said in a neutral tone. He was ready for whatever you had to throw at him.

"Okay, first off," You started pacing around the kitchen, "Dark seems really anxious-"