Chapter One: What Now?

A/N: Are you ready to be disappointed?
____________________________________
Your vision was completely black, you were on the brink of passing out. You clawed at Wilford's unrelenting hand, dying for him to release. You felt your body being to give in, but it refused.

In a last ditch effort, you grabbed Wilford's face and used what Dark taught you. You gathered your remaining strength and pushed against Wilford in his mind. He released your throat, screaming in agony. He clutched his head while you coughed and sputtered.

Once you regained your breath, you used the bond to continue pushing. Wilford kept hold of his head, staying in his spot. You took this time to move over to the still unconscious Dark.

You focused your energy on him, placing your hands on his temples. You pleaded in your mind to him: Dark, please wakeup. I need you. I can't do this alone.

Dark's eyes shot open, he pushed you away gently and stood up. He advanced towards Wilford who was now on his feet as well.

Dark pounced at Wilford and the two were throwing punches at each other, lashing out wherever possible. Watching them fight was like watching dancers tango, they knew each other's moves like the backs of their own hands. They were practically evenly matched in skill, although Wilford appeared to have a bit of an edge on Dark.

You snapped out of your daze and moved to help Dark. You sprinted full force at Wilford and jumped on Wilford's back. You wrapped your legs around his waist and your arm was around his neck in a choke hold.

Dark utilized the distraction to his advantage and right-hooked Wilford square on his temple. You felt Wilford go limp, jumping off him as he fell to the floor. He was unconscious, you kicked him once in the side to check. Okay, you kicked him a few times.

"We have to help Mark!" You said rapidly after you were finished with the piece of shit on the ground, "Wilford shot him and he's probably bleeding out right now!"

"I'll concern myself with Wilford," Dark bent down and picked Wilford up over his shoulder. "You deal with Mark."

Dark vanished into thin air along with the man on his shoulder. You ran out of the room, pushing the doors open to see a trail of blood. Mark was gone.

Your thoughts were racing. Shit! Shit! Shit! Ah, where the fuck did he go? You looked down at the floor and followed the little specks of blood. The trail ended next to the room Wilford was supposed to be locked in.

You tried the door, but it was locked. Dark must have already put him in there. You called for Mark through your bond, but there was no reply. You barely felt his presence in your mind at all. You called out to Dark next and seconds later, he stepped out of Wilford's holding room. You wondered why he hadn't opened the door when you jingled it, but you'd have to shelve it for now.

"I can't find Mark anywhere!" You were starting to panic, your heart racing. "I followed his trail of blood and it ended here. I don't know what to do, he could already be dead!"

"He's isn't dead, but I have an idea where he may be." Dark walked at a quick pace down the hallway, leaving you to jog after him.

"Where is he, then?" You said as Dark and you rounded a corner. You realized you were heading in the direction of Dark's room.

"You'll see." He stated simply. You hated when he was vague like that.

"Wilford wouldn't come without backup. Unfortunately, he isn't that idiotic. Whoever accompanied him kidnapped Mark." Dark sighed, pulling open the door to his room. You followed him in.

"Do you know who Wilford could've brought?" You asked him, watching him scuffle around his room. He frantically searched the area for something, he grew more frustrated by the second.