Chapter Thirty Three-ish: Alternate ending

A/N: If you haven't read chapter thirty three, stop right now. Spoilers up ahead.

THIS IS NOT THE CANON ENDING. What happened in chapter thirty three is what actually happened in my story. This chapter is the ending that I almost stuck with, but changed because it felt cheap.
____________________________________

To recap: "WAIT!" You screamed, an idea popping into your mind. You recalled Mark saying something about reviving the egos and how he couldn't bring back souls. Maybe, just maybe this had enough of Dark's soul in it.

"MARK!" You screamed as loud as possible when you arrived back at the bunker. "MARK COME HERE!" He popped up in front of you and rolled his eyes.

"I thought you were dying or something." He grumbled, "What do you want?"

"Do you know what's so special about this ring?" You questioned, holding it in front of his face. He shook his head. "It has Dark's soul in it, or at least a piece of it. Do you know where I'm going with this?" Mark furrowed his eyebrows for a minute, but realization soon came to his face.

"I could use it to bring him back!" Mark exclaimed, "I don't know if it's enough, though."

"We have to try." You handed the ring to Mark and Mark held it up to the light.

"Well, let's go then." He said, grabbing your hand. You were about to question where, but the two of you appeared in a completely white room. It looked familiar for some reason.

"Now, when I drop this ring in here," A silver cauldron appeared in front of you. "it will disintegrate. I can't promise that it'll bring him back."

"Do it." You were willing to lose the ring if that meant there was a chance of getting Dark back.

Mark let it go and the ring disappeared. Mark closed his eyes and held his hands out. He reached into the pot and muttered some words in a language you couldn't understand. He pulled out a gold wisp of energy and it tried to escape his hands. Mark let it go and it disappeared.

"Well?" You asked, praying that it worked.

"We'll have to go check his body in Raspy Hill." Mark grabbed your hand and the two of you appeared in the morgue. Mark pulled out one of the slides that held Dark's body in it. Dark looked just the same as the day he passed.

"Fuck." Mark slumped over in defeat. "I'm sorry, (Y/N)." You stared at Dark's form, praying to whatever god that may or may not be out there, that he would some how return. He didn't and now the ring was gone too. Everything was just gone.

You had an idea, albeit a stupid one, but it was something. One last ditch effort in hopes that he would come back. You pressed your lips to Dark's, hoping that something would happen. When you were about to leave, he sat straight up, taking in a deep breath.

"Dark!" You cried and ran up to him, wrapping your arms around him. You never wanted to let go of him again. "You fucking asshole, I thought you were gone forever."

"You surely took your time finding the solution." He chuckled hugging you back just as tightly. You noticed that even Mark had come and joined the hug.

"Wait a minute." Mark began once you all let go of each other. "How much of your soul did you put in that ring."

"Well," Dark smiled timidly, shrugging his shoulders. "All of it?"

"All of it!" Mark scolded, glaring harshly at him. "Jesus Christ!"

"I prefer Darkiplier, if you don't mind." He replied; you were loving this new found sass. Mark's glare intensified.

"Did the others do the same thing?" Mark asked with his hand covering his eyes. He was so cute when he was frustrated.

"Will did." Dark answered, hopping down from the slab. "If we resurrect him, the others should follow. He was the source of the problem, after all."

"Major understatement." Mark rolled his eyes. "Do you know where he hid his ring."

"Possibly." Dark said and disappeared only for a moment. He came back with a hot pink ring in hand. He gave it to Mark who then disappeared.

Wilford crawled out of one of the plots and fell to the floor. The Host was the next to come back and that's when you and Dark opened all of the slabs. The egos came back one by one in descending order of their deaths.

"Red!" You cried when you saw him stand up. You rushed at him and threw your arms around him, holding the Android as close as you could.

"Suh dudes!" Bing's voice wrung through the morgue. You were even glad to hear his voice.

Every ego, except Wilford gave you a hug and chattered happily. Wilford stood in the corner, chatting with The Host quietly.

"Uh, (Y/N)," The king of the Squirrels tapped you on the shoulder. "Can we live with you?" He asked softly, giving you puppy dog eyes. He's so precious.

"Yeah, please!" The Jims chimed in, followed by Bim, Silver, and Ed.

"Let me talk to Dark and Mark." You huddled the two in the corner away from everyone else. "I'm okay with it."

"As am I." Dark agreed. "It would be nice to have the gang back together."

"Let's do it!" Mark said enthusiastically. "What about Wilford?"

"We could lock him up like our original plan." You offered, stealing a glance at the pink mustached man. "Only if he agrees to it, of course."

Both Mark and Dark nodded. You broke off and went up to Wilford cautiously. You were still afraid of him and angry after all that he had done.

"Wilford." You addressed him with a stern expression. "You can come with us if you agree to staying locked up."

"Yes, of course." He said hurriedly, willing to do whatever you asked. "Anything to make up for my actions."

"Okay." You nodded, walking away from him. "Good news everybody! Off to the bunker we all go!"

The egos cheered with joy, even The Host had a small smile on his face. You all teleported to the bunker, assigning each of the egos their rooms. Most insisted on rooming by you. You agreed to have Red to your left and The Host directly across from you. The Jims shared a room, as did the other Googles and Bing. The rest were scattered down your hallway, and in the next hall over. You never really noticed how many goddamn egos Mark had. You never found Glitch, though.

Wilford was put into solitary confinement and stayed there for at least a decade. He never made an attempt to escape or caused any trouble. When he came out, he looked exactly the same as the day he went in.

Throughout the rest of your life, all the egos began to age, other than Wilford, Dark, Mark, and the androids. You eventually found it in yourself to let go of the things Wilford did to you and were even able to have a normal conversation with him.

You couldn't be happier with your living situation and you wouldn't change a thing. Everyone was finally at peace.
____________________________________
A/N: Wasn't that sweet? It's way less rude than the real ending. Hope you all enjoyed it because this is truly the last part (of story related stuff anyways) of this book that will ever be written.