Chapter 18 || "Pull On Your Hair And Call You Baby Girl"

Start from the beginning

"I get that. I've had a lot of people I've never spoken to before ask me about it today and it really confused me at first." Shawn agrees.

Another silence settles over us, and our eyes meet again. I feel my breathing get faster and a weight settles on my chest as I stare at Shawn, finding it more and more difficult to breath normally. My tongue darts out to wet my now-dry lips, and Shawn hesitantly begins to move forward. He moves towards me sitting so that we're touching now. Our faces are only inches apart, and when he exhales, I feel his warm breath on my skin. Shawn moves even closer, our lips so close that I can practically taste his. Shawn's hand gently comes up and touches a lock of my hair that's fallen in front of my eyes, tucking it behind my ear. My breath hitches in my throat. Our eyes hold each other's gaze, and I feel something stir inside of me.

"Yeah, it's odd." I say, my voice now shaky.

"Yeah, so odd." Shawn says.

Without warning, I move my head forward so that our lips meet. Shawn is caught off-guard, so while it takes him a few seconds to process what's going on, once he realizes what's going on, his lips start kissing me back. The kisses start off at slow and passionate, but quickly move into something much more. Shawn's hands fly up to my hair and run themselves through my blonde locks, pulling gently on fistfuls of my hair. His body nudges me down, and I fall back onto my bed. Shawn's body hovers over me, his lips leaving mine to make their way down my body.

He litters soft kisses down my jawline and neck, making his way to my collarbone. He begins to suck harshly on the skin, nipping at it and leaving a mark. He returns to one of the hickeys he's left on my body from yesterday, running his tongue over the already-sensitive skin. I can't help but let out a cry, moaning loudly. Shawn lets out a chuckle, looking up at me.

"You like that, don't you baby girl?" Shawn asks, his voice low and full of lust.

He kisses me harshly on the lips once more before returning back to my neck and sucking on the hickey once more. I moan again, my hips bucking up involuntarily to meet his. Shawn grinds his lower half into mine, his one hand trailing down my body and touching the inside of my thigh. Even though we're both fully clothed, I jerk away. Shawn notices my negative reaction and stops, sitting up to look at me.

"What's wrong?" he asks, clearly out of breath. I bite my lip, debating if I want to tell him. His eyes soften, and he says, "Helaina, just tell me. Whatever it is, I won't judge you."

"I was just thinking and I realized that we barely know anything about each other. Don't you find it weird that we keep hooking up like this when I don't even know your middle name? It'd be one thing if it was just a one-night thing, but it's not. This is our third time." I finally tell him. Shawn nods, sitting up so that he's no longer on top of me. I sit up as well, fixing my clothes and patting down my hair to get rid of the flyaway's.

"Well if it's my full name you want, it's Shawn Peter Raul Mendes." Shawn tells me. "What's yours?"

"Helaina Alexis Jefferson." I say.

"Pretty name for a pretty girl." Shawn says, his voice low again. I smile and he smirks back, biting his bottom lip before leaning in and kissing me. My hands go to his neck as we kiss, and Shawn gently pushes me back again. I lean back, our lips moving together as one, when I suddenly realize that this is exactly why I stopped him before. I softly push Shawn off of me again, both of our eyes opening as I do so.

"I did it again, didn't I?" Shawn asks, and I nod. He laughs, sitting up again. "Sorry, I just can't control myself around you. There's something about you that's so intoxicating and addicting that every time I see you, I just want to pull on your hair and call you baby girl."

Shawn's words send a visible shiver down my spine. I swallow hard and look down, trying to calm my blushing cheeks.

"Trust me, I feel the same way..." I say, and he laughs. "But I don't know how I feel about you because I barely even know you. I can't continue to make out and more with some boy every single day after school when the most personal thing that I know about him is his middle name, or should I say names."

"I know what you mean. I don't know how I feel about you either, except for the fact that you make me feel things that I don't quite understand. Well, I understand some of them, and I'm sure you feel them too." Shawn says, a devious twinkle in his eyes. "So, ask me anything you want."

"Actually, I wanted to get back to what we were doing earlier if that's okay with you." I say sheepishly.   
"You want to study some more?" Shawn asks, his eyebrows pushing together in confusion. I laugh, shaking my head.

"No, that's not what I meant." I say, sitting up and climbing onto his lap. I look up into Shawn's eyes, his caramel-colored ones meeting my deep-blue eyes.

"I thought you didn't want to since we barely know each other." Shawn says, his voice quiet.

"That can start tomorrow." I say lowly, licking my lips with anticipation.

"That's fine with me." Shawn says into my neck, his hot breath tickling my cold skin. Goosebumps spread across my body as a result, and Shawn licks a strip from my collarbone up to my jaw. He sucks on the skin along my jawline, and I let out a quiet moan.

"We can go to a coffee shop tomorrow after school so that we don't get distracted." I squeak out, my voice cracking a few times, the pleasure too strong to form a coherent sentence.

"Then I might as well make the most of our time now, shouldn't I?" Shawn says. Without warning, he flips us over so that he's now on top, kissing down my body. I close my eyes, enjoying and taking in the intense feeling Shawn brings to me and my body. I have a feeling that no matter how hard the two of us will try to keep our hands off each other, we're going to end up cracking in a matter of days.

-
-
-

AN: An update for Shawn's 19th birthday!!! He's so old now, I can't believe it like wtf I feel like it was seriously just yesterday that he was in Magcon. It really is crazy how far he's come. Hope you guys enjoyed the chapter! As always, don't forget to comment and vote :)