Chapter 32 ;; HAPPY BIRTHDAY, JEON JUNGKOOK!

Jimin missed Jungkook. He missed the feeling of his warm breath hitting his nape when the younger one would pull him close and give him a back hug when no one was looking. He also missed the feeling of Jungkook's strong arms around him in a warm embrace when they'd be at Yoongi's house, all of them huddled in the living room with pillows and blankets on the floor and it would be too cold. He missed Jungkook's smile.

He missed everything.

Jimin thought he could do it - a month of not seeing Jungkook around, but it was hard. It was getting so hard, especially when he'd try to search for him right after class would end, just after everyone would go stumbling out of their cramped classroom. After searching every corner in their school, Jimin still couldn't find Jungkook. If he wasn't with Yoongi in the library, he'd be with Namjoon talking about things they shared in common, like their love for music. If he wasn't with Taehyung playing video games when he'd drag Jungkook over to his house then Jungkook would be with Jin, eating at Jin's favorite restaurants or he'd be practicing with Hoseok since they both loved to dance.

But none of them ever answered Jimin's questions.

Where's Jungkook?

Have you seen him?

Where do you think he is?

They'd just shake their heads from left to right and assure him that everything was okay and he shouldn't be worrying too much, shushing him and telling him, "We saw Jungkook in class, Jimin. Don't worry, he's not dead," with a laugh, but Jimin didn't want to smile. Nothing was funny anymore. Even when they asked Jimin if he's checked Jungkook's house to see if he was there, Jimin would reply with a short, "He wasn't there. His parents said he was out."

"You should check again," Yoongi said one afternoon, when they were all heading home with their bags over their shoulders. Jungkook wasn't with them. "He probably went home. You should check if he's there. He's been busy."

"Too busy to the point where he won't even say hi to me anymore?" Jimin snapped, squeezing the bag strap that was hung over his shoulder. "No simple greeting, no Jungkook at my doorstep to come visit me like he used to? Nothing at all? Because Yoongi hyung, I've been worried sick. I don't even want to eat anymore..."

"God, Jimin, stop it," Yoongi groaned, letting his hand comb through his hair in frustration. "He's still here. He's just distancing himself from us and I just...I don't know why," he continued to walk with Jimin looking at him, waiting for him to continue. "Maybe I do, but that's not the point. I mean, I don't even know what I know and what I want to know anymore. I somehow get dragged into problems I'm not supposed to be part of," he frowned, but ended up laughing when Jimin stared at him in shock. "Woah, woah, slow down there Jimin. What's with that look?"

"Did you just say maybe you know why he's been distancing himself from us?" Jimin's eyes sparkled and he almost tripped as they continued walking on the sidewalk, on their way to Namjoon's house, but the rest of them were way ahead, and it was up to Yoongi and Jimin to fasten their steps. Namjoon and the others waved for them to hurry up, meters away, but Jimin waved back, mouthing a 'You go ahead, we'll catch up!'

He then looked at Yoongi who was now rolling his eyes, regretting why he even decided to give in the moment Jimin talked about the younger one, the moment he frowned with those puppy eyes and Yoongi couldn't handle it when Jimin acted like a kicked puppy. Especially now when Jimin was practically panicking, waiting for him to spill any details he knew regarding where Jungkook's hideouts were and what else he's been planning. Yoongi tried - Yoongi tried his utmost best to avoid Jimin who was still pleading right next to him, but it was of no use. He gave in.