Chapter 13

With his hair being blown away gently as the wind caressed his face, Jimin closed his eyes, content just by being there, his back leaning on a wall as he sat down by himself, alone on the school's rooftop.

The sky was blue with a few fluffy, cotton candy-looking clouds hovering over him, with the sun peeking behind them, too shy to come out, but he still felt the warmth, and that's what he needed that moment.

If he wanted to escape, he would always go there to clear his mind, to get the peace he needed, to have the silence he wanted because he knew he couldn't have any of those in class. He felt at ease there.

Not hearing the door click open as he was still so busy trying to erase the memory of what had happened to him just earlier, being put down by the teacher, he felt a presence near him, and by instinct, he whipped his head to his left to find the younger one staring into the distance, looking ahead as he sat down silently next to the older one.

Jungkook.

Jimin took in the features of the younger one: his jet black hair, his pale skin, those long eyelashes that suited his dark brown orbs, his high nose bridge that fit him perfectly, and those pair of pink, plump lips that seemed to be moving that second, but Jimin couldn't hear a single word because Jungkook was too alluring, irresistible, making Jimin lose his sense of hearing, and everything in general, even his mind.

"I knew you'd come up here," Jungkook repeated when he knew Jimin hadn't heard him, a small smile on his face as he looked at the older one, his gaze fixed on him. "I haven't been here before, but it had Jimin hyung all over it, so I just continued to find you, and I followed my senses and now here I am," he chuckled, hoping Jimin would happy up because that frown on his face wasn't supposed to be there. It broke his heart when Jimin just gave him a tiny smile, the one without his teeth showing, without his eyes turning into two cresent moons, and his heart just clenched and he didn't know why it affected him so much. Jimin wasn't smiling Jungkook's favorite smile on him.

"You found me, huh?" Jimin brought himself to say, and for a moment, they stayed silent. Seconds turned into minutes, and it felt like forever, but not until he spoke up once again. "Thank you..." he whispered, looking up to the skies to see the clouds move slowly, to let the sun's warmth hit his face. "...for standing up for me," Jimin continued, and a smile wider than what he had worn just a few minutes ago was seen, making Jungkook's heart leap.

He'd been staring at Jimin, and he was worried that he must've looked like a fool because Jimin was that beautiful, and the sun's rays on his face, showcasing his delicate features made his heart beat even faster than before and deep inside, he knew he'd go nuts.

Seeing Jimin with his legs stretched in front of him and with his back leaning against the wall as he still had his head high up to look at the sky, Jungkook took advantage of the fact that he could look at Jimin for as long as he wanted that moment because this was a rare opportunity for him to be alone with the older one; it was only them without the rest of their friends, without judgmental teachers and students - it was just the comfortable silence and just them. They were communicating through their whole beings and not just through their words.

Mustering up all the courage he could find, Jungkook, though he was shy, brought his hand up slowly to rest Jimin's hand on his, securing it in his hold, making the older of the two look at him in surprise, his mouth slightly agape because he didn't expect this to happen, especially from the younger one. Jungkook knew this, so that made him intertwine their fingers tightly as if he was telling Jimin 'I'm sure of this.'

"You shouldn't thank me, hyung. This is what people do to the ones closest to their heart: they stand up for them no matter what, and should always be there to lookout for them. I care about you," Jungkook continued to look straight ahead, and Jimin just wanted the younger one to repeat what he said while looking at him straight in the eye without feeling nervous at all because he didn't need to be.