Chapter 30

The moment they went home, Jungkook unlocked his front door, realizing no one was at home but them since the lights were off, the house so empty, cold and silent. Jimin was still holding onto him, on Jungkook's back as Jungkook calmed him down.

"We're home now, hyung," Jungkook whispered, giving the older one a tiny smile as he looked over his shoulder at an exhausted Jimin. He jumped up a bit to adjust Jimin's weight on his back and held onto his legs which were just at his waist as he went upstairs, on their way to his room.

Jimin felt weak, filthy, and just so helpless. He didn't even know what to do not until Jungkook placed him down onto the edge of his bed, now diverting his attention to Jimin who was staring at his eyes hopelessly. His eyes were empty, his eyes were dull and seeing him like that made Jungkook break. It made the younger one want to cry as he was on one of his knees, both hands holding onto Jimin's hands, his cute, tiny fingers on Jungkook's gentle grip and he just wanted to protect Jimin. He wanted to nurture him, shield him from harm's way and just keep him safe and secure and Jungkook thought, Jimin didn't deserve to feel bad, not at all.

"Hyung...I'm so sorry," Jungkook broke, his eyes teary and his cheeks red. He was holding onto Jimin's hands as a way of saying that yes, he was there, and he wouldn't leave him this time. He didn't want Jimin to feel worse, didn't want the older one to hate himself even more because as far as Jungkook knew, he was trying his best. He was trying his best to make Jimin smile, smile like before. From the way he was sniffling and trying to hold back his tears, Jimin knew Jungkook was breaking, shattering, and deep inside, he felt guilty because now he was dragging Jungkook into his own problems when he wasn't supposed to be involved in the first place. Jimin's heart was hurting so much seeing Jungkook slowly putting one of his hands on his cheek as he leaned into his touch, and if his touch could make Jungkook calm down then Jimin figured he wouldn't mind doing it forever, staying by his side to keep him stable, like how Jungkook keeps him stable, keeps him sane. "I shouldn't have let you go just like that. I should've stopped you before you went out the door. I should've-"

"-Jungkook, please," Jimin begged as he let his hand on Jungkook's cheek caress the soft skin. Seeing the panic in Jungkook's eyes made him whisper, "Shhh Shhh it's okay, I'm here. I'm with you. I'm okay now," he smiled as he leaned in and smiled at the younger one, seeing one teardrop fall on his cheek and he just had to wipe it away. "You came for me. Thank you, Jungkook, I...I really thought that would be the end of me."

"I feel so fucking stupid," Jungkook closed his eyes and let the tears fall as he buried his head on Jimin's lap, feeling Jimin's arms around him. He was shaking, regret pooling in his stomach and right there and then, he couldn't stop the tears from falling. "It's all my fault, hyung!"

Jimin brought his hands to Jungkook's shoulder, up to his head, feeling his soft, dark hair under his fingertips. He calmed him down by giving him his soothing touch, shushing him and trying his best to let Jungkook look up just to see the look in his eyes that no, it wasn't Jungkook's fault that he was in this situation, that Jimin was hurting. In fact, Jungkook needed to know that he was the one who saved Jimin, and if it weren't for him, Jimin would've been in a much more messed up situation. When he requested for Jungkook to look up, the younger one continued to sob, his tears soaking Jimin's legs and that's when Jimin gently used his hand to force him to meet his eyes.

Seeing Jimin's equally red, teary eyes, Jungkook couldn't say anything else because Jimin was now using his thumb to caress Jungkook's cheek, smiling as he said, "It's not your fault, Kookie."

Before Jungkook could say anything else, Jimin kissed his forehead only to feel the younger leaning closer to his touch, his eyes shut tight, his arms slowly wrapping themselves around Jimin's waist, not wanting the older one to slip away this time.