Chapter 12

The sound of the teacher's voice calling his name made Jimin look at her with wide eyes, making him lose his train of thought. He's been spacing out, just looking at what was outside the window, seeing the trees dance gracefully as the wind blew, not really able to focus on anything in particular because that moment, he just felt lost. He was stuck in his own world thinking about what was going on in his life, wondering why he was torturing himself with questions he had no answers for.

By the time he made contact with her cold eyes, he knew something was wrong, judging from the dark look on her face, and the way her eyes looked like they were going to set the room on fire.

"If you feel like something's wrong, just tell me," she said, still with that stern look, earning everyone's attention and now all eyes were on him. Jimin would've thought she actually cared about his welfare just by hearing those words from her, but the words that came the next second felt like there was a blade splitting him, opening a nasty wound across his chest. "Are you depressed? Have you been eating? You haven't been eating, have you?"

Those words made a few people snigger at him, made a few of them roll their eyes, muttering under their breath, "Tsk, fatty," and Jimin didn't know if they did that just for fun, but he did know that they did it on purpose, to provoke him, and it hurt.

His heart shattered.

Here we go again.

It would've been better if she said it after class, when no one was around, but she just had to embarrass him in front of all those people, and now he was being judged again, and those set of eyes making him ten times more insecure and those side comments being thrown at him made him feel like utter crap once again.

If people thought that all teachers were better and were more civilized, they thought wrong; not all of them were mature, and though a good percentage of them were on the good side, this teacher giving Jimin dirty looks told him one thing: a large number of them proved to everyone that they can be just as annoying as those bullies, and they could even bully you even more if they wanted to because they had control over the students since they were the teachers, and just by that thought, of her taking advantage of her title as a teacher and treating him like that, Jimin's respect for her lessened and dove so deep that it was deeper than the ocean, and was, a few minutes ago, existing, but was now untraceable.

It felt like that time where he was placed on the spot when Yoongi and the others asked him to eat when they were in the cafeteria, but that was because they were worried and they seriously cared about his health, but if he had to compare both times, he'd say they weren't even mean at all and that this was just downright rude.

"You've lost weight..." she continued, and Jimin had that strong urge to say stop because she wasn't helping him out, and she was definitely not making the situation any better. In fact, more whispers and more hurtful words were filling his ears as his classmates continued to give him dirty looks, even dirtier than hers; the fact that she didn't even try her best to stop those who were obviously murmuring and talking bad about him made Jimin's heart drop to the floor, and she didn't do anything but step on it.

And he felt like dying.

With every passing second, a part of him died little by little.

"I think it's safe to say that you've been starving, considering the fact that you're behind everyone else in class and you've lost weight that quick," she judged him so fast, it literally hurt.

"Well, he should lose more weight then..." a guy pointed out, making a few of his followers laugh along with him, but Jimin ignored it.

It seemed as if everyone was against him, Jimin thought to himself, as he heard a few more people mocking him.