Chapter 16

Jimin ran, but he didn't care if his lungs would give out. He didn't know why he was running, but he thought that maybe it was because he saw Jungkook smiling like that, and he knew he wasn't the reason behind that smile.

Maybe he felt hurt because Jungkook was with someone else, maybe he felt selfish and just wanted Jungkook to smile at him.

Maybe he was afraid that it was only Jungkook who understood him, and now he was being taken from him and Jimin would be alone again, he didn't know, really.

He had no right to say Jungkook was his, but being friends with him for so long, spending time with him for years, sharing so much memories with him made his heart clench because deep inside, he was hurt. At times, looking at Jungkook would give him mixed emotions. He'd want to cry because Jungkook would never be there for him forever, would never feel the same way as him, would never need him the way Jimin needed him. One of the reasons why he also wanted to cry was because Jungkook was wonderful and beautiful, and it's always been like that; he was too precious that Jimin thought he didn't deserve Jungkook's smiles whenever both of them were alone, whenever Jungkook would laugh at his jokes.

"Jimin hyung!"

There it was again.

Hyung.

He'll forever be that hyung Jungkook would go to when he needs help. Always that hyung who would take care of him.

Always that person who's forever branded as 'hyung' and nothing else.

He was just a hyung to Jungkook.

Jimin turned in a corner and just when he thought he lost that voice that's been echoing in his mind, he was being pulled in a room, a dark room that all he could hear was his breath, that all he could feel was his chest being pushed up against someone else's chest, so broad, so warm, just like his breath reaching Jimin's lips, his neck, and Jimin couldn't contain his panting and his heartbeat fastening. The hand that was wrapped around his wrist travelled down to his waist, and the other hand went up to Jimin's neck, and Jimin felt like his heart would explode.

"Why are you always running away from me?"

Jimin couldn't see who it was, but by listening to his voice, he knew, and he didn't need anyone to tell him.

Those long fingers that brought him closer made Jimin let out a small groan in the dark as he placed a hand on that person's chest to separate them, even only a bit.

"Jimin hyung, you shouldn't run away from me, please," Jungkook begged once again, and Jimin couldn't help but think how many times Jungkook has to beg whenever he's with him, and he couldn't stop the guilt that was now rushing through him. As Jungkook's breath hit Jimin's face, Jimin closed his eyes, letting the tears stream down his face one by one. He shook his head, letting out with a silent whisper, "You're happy with someone else. You won't be here for me forever."

"What?"

Hearing Jungkook's voice break made Jimin's heart break as well; it was shattering, and he felt like a fool for hurting Jungkook this way.

"What's that supposed to mean? Is it because of Taehyung hyung?" Jungkook asked with shock and worry in his voice that Jimin couldn't take it. Jimin didn't want to admit it. Taehyung was his friend, and he was like a brother to him, but he couldn't stand seeing Jungkook being taken away from him. It just pained him how alone he was and how it was only Jungkook who understood him.

Whenever he'd be the only one at home, Jimin would look up at his ceiling and think to himself why it was only Jungkook who would take the time to run and chase after him, why it was only him who would stand up for him in front of everyone when no one had the guts to, why it was Jungkook who was always there when he couldn't speak up.