abnormal

Where was Nico?

Will wondered again. He got Nico wasn't speaking to him much. He was flaky coming to class, even coming to class. But Nico wouldn't skip school to avoid him would he? Will considered to go back to Nico's house to see if he was okay. Call his father or sister even. Nico said he'd be at school. But all this was so unlike Nico. He'd been doing it often. He mentioned something about hanging out with an old friend. Which again was unlike him. It almost worried Will. It had been weeks.

"Where are you Nico..." He muttered, looking out the window during first period.
"Hey Will!" A voice called, Will lazily turned around, and wondered if it was too late to pretend he was reading. Fortunately for him it was only Cecil. Will waved as Cecil sat himself on the desk in front of his. "Morning Cecil." Will smirked. "Your looking happy today..."
Cecil nodded, his dark, dirty blond hair he brushed back with his hand, "Yep. Lou Ellen and I are going out." He said proudly
Will looked up out of curiosity "you are hu?.."
"Yup!"
"And ...she didn't loose any bets for it...?"
"Ah..no?"
Will rolled his eyes with a cruel smirk. "Congrats dude," he decided on, patting Cecil on the back as class began, all the students shifted into the correct order.
-

The class was relatively uneventful, which only gave Will more time to worry, and come up with darker and darker reasons why Nico wasn't in school. The bell rang, and the students flooded out the doors, Cecil-the only person that really knew of Will's existence in that class-stayed behind, only because Cecil had gym next, and it wasn't like he couldn't make it to the class before roll-call.

"You alright Will?" he raised an eyebrow

"mhm.." Will nodded, lost in thought.

"Will." Cecil nudged him.

Will blinked and looked up.
"what is up with you dude? What happened in the summer?"

What happened? So many things happened in that one summer. His head was still spinning. That was one summer, he would never forget. It was special. Between him and Nico.

"nothing much." he smiled to Cecil.

-

Will sat with his face on the table at lunch while he listened to the rant and conversation happening around him. There was Kayla Knowles, Lou Ellen, Cecil Markowitz, Conner Stoll, and a few others Will didn't know, and didn't really care to know.

A girl with blond curly hair and gray eyes worked furiously, another boy-maybe her brother, rubbed her arm, coaxing her to eat something, the girl ignored him. She looked up. Will jumped when he got a good look at her face. She looked absolutely miserable. Kayla sighed, "come'on Annabeth, do you really want some jerk to do this to you?"

Annabeth's determined gaze became even more deadly. "that's a girl.." Kayla smiled, though it looked like pure terror. "a very, very scary girl.." Conner smiled, Lou Ellen chuckled under her breath. Austin Lake, Jason Grace, and Leo Valdez slid in as well. Normally not everyone would show like this. Soon the crowd and mirage of popularity would diminish. But Will was used to it.

Will glanced around, basically everyone was in their own conversation. Cecil and Conner and Malcolm seemed to be talking about the torture seventh period would have to endure in PE. It seemed Lou Ellen and Kayla were speaking with Annabeth about the latest Harry Potter book, possibly to cheer her up, possibly because they just liked talking. Austin and Jason talked about some other class Will didn't really even knew was a thing. Leo poked at his food quietly, he didn't seem upset he was left out, but he didn't appear really happy. "hey Leo'' Will smiled

"hey Will.." Leo mutter
"You okay?"
''Yup..awesome."
Will rolled his eyes. "your telling me later. okay?" he said sternly.

and that was the end of lunch.
-

Will walked towards the neighborhood where not o my he lived, but Nico too. He decided to text Nico.
me: hey Neeks? Where are you? And why were you not in school?
Nico💗prince: um...family trip.
me: family? While there at home? Neeks, I'm standing in your driveway. Where. Are you.?
Nico💗prince: my room.
me: fine. I'm coming up in a sec.

Will knocked on the front door, shortly after Hazel opened the door, and directed him to Nico's room.

He opened the door, Nico definitely went on a trip. his hair was wet, bags of things, he looked tired-but in a good way. Nico looked genuinly happy, and it made Will ache-because he'd never seen Nico like that-until now.

That's when Will remember-he forgot about Leo.