Sympathy and fake flirtaion

Nico was almost always oblivious to flirting. 

Nico paced in his room. walking back and forth.had he made the wrong choice ignoring Will and giving him space? He wondered, worrying until he found a  slip of paper in his pocket, folded in half written on a sticky note. when did I get this? Nico thought. it had a set of digits, and a name of the boyfriend of Apollo. Hyacinthus  but what was it doing in his pocket? he was tempted to text Will to figure it out. There was a good chance Will didn't know either, and Nico got it while he was drunk. He held his breath, and typed the number, and sent the message; hey. Its Keith from the party. can we talk? I'm kinda worried about Will....

Hyacinthus responded almost immediately
unknown number:  hi keith!

Nico internally cringed, was it so hard to capitalize a name? 
me: hello..
unknown number: aw, comeon dont be like that.
Wasn't this dude older than Nico? why didn't he at least use proper punctuation?! 

me: Be like what?

unknown number: ice cold and unapproachable. 😓
me: excuse me?
unknown number: you know what i mean. 😒
Nico wrinkled his nose. Who did this guy think he was? Before Nico could type a very nasty reply, Hyacinthus wrote: look, ive been where U R.
me: Actually no. No one knows where I am.
Unknown number: there you go again. Boarding your walls up. How did will ever get in i wonder..
Nico scowled. And wrote: Scusami? Chi ti ha dato il giusto? Ti sei trasferito in America dall'Italia con solo tua sorella maggiore dopo che tua madre è stata uccisa? Vivere con uno zio? Poi lo lascia a un cazzo driver ubriaco ?! Si trasferisce a New York per una mamma promossa con la figlia ehr !? Hai la tua nuova mamma uccisa da un rossetto ?! Poi tornare in quella stessa città dannata dove Bianca è stata uccisa con il tuo padre che non hai mai incontrato - e la tua nuova sorella di neonati adottata! Fai tutto il possibile per proteggerla ma non basta! COSA SOLTANTO TROVATE I TUOI PROBLEMI ?! (excuse me? who gave you the right? Did you move to America from Italy with only your big sister after your mother was murdered? To live with some uncle? Then loose her to a fucking drunk driver?! move to New York to a foster mom with ehr own daughter!? have your new mom killed by a rock slide?! then move back to that same damned town where Bianca was killed with your 'father' that you've never met-and your new adopted baby sister! do everything you can to protect her but its just not enough! SO YOU JUST CUT AWAY YOUR TROUBLES?!)

unknown number: wo dude, not so fast, I don't know what your even saying! hold on, lemmi get google translate
me: NO!
unknown number: too late😜
me: merdra...

There was then a long silence. Nico wondered his he'd translated it yet, and was staring at the paragraph mind blown. Of if simply he had a copy and paste misshapen. Nico was tempted to delete the message all together. So instead to preoccupy his thumbs he changed unknown caller to flower🌸boy. Well,his last name did mean flower in Greek. And his first name was flower!

The tiny bubble with dots loads, Nico breaths harder, trying to be careful like Will had taught him. Finally the bubble pops, and a new message appears from 'flowerboy'

Flower🌸boy: keith...i had no idea..im so sorry..

Nico stared at the words. He didn't know what to do or right. He simply wished he had Hyacinthus with him. Or Will. He'd even settle for Artemis. A person just as mentally cold as himself. He just needed someone. Nico sighed, and typed: Call me Nico.

Flower🌸boy: nico?

Nico held his breath. The social anxieties choking him. Before Nico could panic and throw his phone across the room and plan which hole he would curl up and die in. And which poptarts he would bring. Hyacinthus wrote again
Flower🌸boy: nice name.👍
Nico sighed loudly and typed something much easier.
me: Thank you. I like yours too.
Flower🌸boy: ooooooh. Someone's warming up to me. Don't worry I won't tell your boyfriend😉

Nico started blushing and stuttering out loud.
me: ah....what?
Flower🌸boy:  haha. Don't tell me no ones ever flirted with u?😂
me: ...its questionable...
Flower🌸boy: are your eyes the ocean? Cuz I'm drowning in em🌊

Nico covered his face. About to die from embarrassment.

Flower🌸boy: they sparkle like the pacific ocean🌊
me: ....my eyes are brown.
Flower🌸boy: shit! they looked blue during the party...
Nico chuckled. Wondering what other pickup lines he could mess up.

Flower🌸boy: Ya know u can talk or text me whenever you need. ive been where you are.
me: Thanks, but I don't think I want someone to help me manage my depression, when they can't even manage a proper punctuated sentence.
Flower🌸boy: touché...

Nico rolled his eyes, laughing slightly. He then realised. Did this mean they were friends? He didn't really have any friends! Unless Hazel and Will counted.
Nico was about to ask, when another message appeared.
Flower🌸boy: hey, I gotta go. apollos coming over to my house so I can help him study.
me: mhmm..'study'
Flower🌸boy: shut up!

Nico chuckled to himself, plugging his phone in the charger, laying back on his bed. When Hazel knocked on the door. "Hey Nico?'' She said a bit shyly.
" yeah Haz?" Nico smiled feeling much better after texting Hyacinthus.
"Could you help me with drawing some eyes?"
"Of course," he shoved the access stuff off his bed for a place for his sister to sit.

Who knew that sympathy and fake flirtation could cheer someone like Nico di Angelo up