"Oh I'm not denying it." I laughed. "I'm just thinking about how bad I was."

"You were bad." She agreed with me, still playing with the hem of her shirt.

"I wonder why we drifted apart?" I thought out loud.

"I don't know, I guess it was the different schools..." Lennon trailed off. "We were kids."

"Yeah..."

A waitress came over with our meals and placed them in front of us.

"Thanks." I muttered. It smelled so good and I was so hungry.

I shoved a handful of fries in my mouth and Lennon laughed. I opened my mouth, showing her the chewed up fries in my mouth.

"You're a pig!" She chuckled.

"I'm hungry." I said with my mouth still full.

She picked up three fries and put them in her mouth gingerly.

"Oh you know you want to eat them all at once." I poured ketchup onto my plate and a little onto my burger. She just shook her head.

"No thank you. I prefer to eat my fries just a few at a time. Savor them." She informed.

"Ah okay. Makes sense." I picked up the burger this time.

"Oh hey, Rowan!" Someone called my name, and I looked up to see Bradley by the doors. I nodded towards him and he came over to our booth. I groaned, conversations with Bradley were usually one sided and a pain in my ass. "Lennon..."

"Hey..." I muttered.

"I got home, went to do homework and fucking realized I didn't have my bag. I was like, shit! I'll have to go all the way back. It fucking better be here somewhere." He looked around and then walked up to the guy at the front counter. He handed him a bag. "Thanks dude."

Please just leave.

I looked to Lennon, she was keeping to herself, eating her burger. Bradley walked back over.

"I'm back in business." He chuckled. "I better go... But hey, are you going to the football game friday?"

I shook my head. "Nah, I have to work." I told him, it was a lie but he didn't have to know that.

"What about you Lennon?" He turned to her and her eyes snapped up to meet his.

"Nope." She gulped.

"You should." He winked. "I'd like to see you there. See you guys." Then he left and I shook my head.

"He's such a dick..." I muttered, just loud enough for Lennon to hear.

"Y-you guys aren't friends?" She asked, with a shocked look on her face.

"Not as good of friends as he thinks we are." I rolled my eyes.

"Oh okay." She nodded.

We continued to eat in silence. I watched her out of the corner of my eye. I liked that she was different than most girls, she was more down to earth. Less focused on social media and gossiping, more focused on the little things, like the ocean and each other. It was refreshing.

I drove her home. Still listening to the Maroon 5, Songs About Jane album.

"I'll see you tomorrow?" I asked her.

"Yeah." She smiled sheepishly, hiding her smile.

"I had fun, we should do it again." I suggested and she nodded. "Okay, great."