It's only 7am, but already I'm having an amazing birthday because it's not that often me, Ocean and the kids just lay in bed cuddling. Most days we're always busy and rushing around in the mornings so we really enjoy these moments when we can all just relax and spend time together.

About and hour later my mom calls everybody down for breakfast. "Happy birthday" my dad smiles, giving me a hug. "Happy birthday sweetie" mother smiles, giving me a hug then sighs slightly "I can't believe my baby's 21. It was only yesterday you were this tiny little thing, I was cradling in my arms"

"Daddy wasn't a baby yesturday" DJ cuts in confused. "He's always going to be my baby" she smiles at him. "Daddy.. not baby" Veah says with a slight attitude and points at me which make my mother chuckles slightly and picks her up for a cuddle.

"Well I've made daddy's favourite breakfast. So we need to hurry before it gets cold" she smiles and we all follow her into the kitchen. "Has anybody called Janet yet?" I ask, checking my phone and see I don't have any messages from her.

"I tried calling, but she must still be asleep. I'll try again after breakfast" mother smiles. "It's 8am on a Saturday. Of course she won't be awake" Randy cuts in. "Well we can still try and if she doesn't then we'll just leave a message to call us back" LaToya shrugs. "Anyway... Do you guys have anything planned for the day?" She turns to me and Ocean. "Well we have the restaurant tonight with you guys and we were gonna take the kids to the zoo during the day" Ocean smiles. "Shame there isn't one closer to us. I miss taking the kids there on the weekends" I smile. "Looks like your gonna miss it today too" DJ says, pointing at the window. "Are you serious?" I sigh, seeing the rain. "I told you there was gonna be a storm. It's been all over the news" my dad cuts in. "It's raining. It's not a storm" I roll my eyes at his exaggeration. "But, it doesn't matter. We can just find something to do around here instead" I smile.

We've been saying we were going to take the kids to the zoo as a treat for them, but the truth is. Ocean and I were the ones that really wanted to go to the zoo and even though she's smiling, I can see she's just as bummed out about having to cancel as me.

After breakfast I call Janet and after a while she finally picks up. "Hello" she mumbles. "Hey. I'm just calling to check how's things are going?" I smile down the phone. "Everything's fine" she mutters. "Are you ok?" I ask concerned by her mumbling. "Mhm.. I was just sleeping" she mumbles. "Sorry I didn't mean to wake you"

"It's fine. Is Mikey ok?" she mutters. "Mikey's doing great. So how are you feeling? You any better?"

"Yeah. I'll be ok. Happy birthday by the way"

"Thanks" I smile. "I'm gonna let you go and I'll call you later. You just try and get some rest. We'll be back tomorrow night. Love you Dunk"

"Love you too" she mumbles and hangs up the phone.

"Is everything ok?" My dad asks, when I hang up. "Yeah, but she seemed a little off"

"It's early. You probably just woke her up. I told you she'd be ok" he reasures me and I nod. I don't keep calling because I'm worried she'd be up to something because I know Janet and she's not the kind of kid that gets in trouble, but I still feel bad about leaving without her, especially when we brought Mikey with us. It's only been one night, but she's probably missing him like crazy already and I can tell by the way he keeps looking around for her that Mikey's missing his mommy too.

****
Janet's POV 

I tried to go back to sleep, but after speaking with Michael for just that brief moment, all that shame an embarrassment comes rushing back and I hate to think what him and Ocean will think of me if they ever found out. They'd be so ashamed of me and probably kick me out.