Chapter Twenty Seven - Arguments

Start from the beginning

“Is there something the both of you aren’t telling us?” Chase looked between us and smiled at us suggestively.

“No!” Without hesitant, I stood up from the chair and rebutted. They looked surprised by my sudden outburst and when I looked over to Jayden, he looked a little… sad?

No No. Impossible. I thought to myself. I quickly shrugged off that idea.

“I’m full already. I-I just going to head back to my room.”

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

As days passed, I hardly see Jayden around. The reason is we headed back to school except Hailey and Brayden. Every lecture, I copied down notes for myself and Hailey. I realised I have really missed a lot of lesson. There is a lot of catching up to do. And one day, Hailey told me about herself and Brayden. And she went on joking about she has to retake the modules again if she is unable to take the tests with her current state. Hailey is still recovering from her injuries. One pack of blood is being withdrawn from her every day and it slows down the process of recovering. Brayden is always with her. She spent quite a while to convince him to let her do this.

As for the rest of the couples, they are still going strong and they are way too sticky. They will always move together to every place. Nothing can pull them apart. Especially Madison and Alexander. The both of them suffered the most. Ever since Madison recovered, she has been following everywhere Alexander is going. Although she never says it out loud, but I know she feels apologetic towards Alexander for putting him in pain. As for Alexander, his eyes are always following Madison around. He never removed his attention away from Madison. Probably he is afraid that if he is distracted even for a second, Madison will disappear from his side.

As for Jayden, he has been busy with the pack issues. Even after I return from school, I hardly see him. Most of the time, he is in his study room. And if I do see him, he always looked tired. I tried asking him whether there is any problems, he would always give me the same reply ‘No’. I really hope that I could provide him some help in some way.

One of the days, I went back home. The girls came along with me. Walking through the house, memories flooded my mind. Every little thing at home, their room, their clothes… It hurts me seeing the house. It was once a happy home. Now, it became a cold, loveless place. Staying alone in the house seemed so lonely. Therefore, the girls suggested moving to live with them in the pack house. At first, I thought it wasn’t a good idea. It is their home, their pack house. Only werewolves should stay there. It’s their home. I’m not a werewolf. Maybe partially but still… I’m not exactly a werewolf. But when they said they are going to ask Jayden and surprisingly, he agreed. So now, I’m officially staying with them in the pack house. Sometimes, I could see how they train in both wolf and human form. I could also see how they sparred with each other. It is quite fascinating to be able to see it in real life. I always think all these werewolves are just fiction. But they are real. And I’m even living with them.

Then this day, the girls decided to go out. Hailey just recovered from her injuries so she wanted to go too. But Brayden is trying to stop her. And hence, now we are all standing outside of their room seeing Hailey and Brayden ‘arguing’ inside their room.