Chapter 24:

After walking around with Matt and Andrea he had to leave. I gave him one last big hug and he walked away.

"Why is your family all of a sudden moving to Cali?" I shrugged.

"No idea. Come on let's keep shopping!" I say enthusiastically. I pull her into Hollister and I immediately find a cute crop top and light high waisted jean shorts. I try on the outfit and walk out so I could hear Andrea's opinion. I look around but I don't find her.

"Andrea!?" I call out. I hear someone grunt in pain and a shriek follow after it. "Andrea! Are you still here?!" I hear someone yell out and run out of the locker room. The store is completely empty, there's no one inside. I try leaving the store but the doors are locked. I start banging on the doors.

"SOMEONE HELP ME! PLEASE!" I hear a gun shot and tears start streaming down my face. "ANDREA!" I yell out trying to find her. I grab the sharpest thing I could find in the store and walk to the back. I hear a whimper and walk towards it.

"Andrea! Is that you?!" I say. I put my ear up against one of the doors that says 'EMPLOYEES ONLY'. I hear quiet sniffles and burst through the door. Andrea is curled up in a ball on the floor. There's a puddle of blood next to her and she's shivering. He clothes are torn and covered in blood.

"Oh my God! ANDREA!" I run to her and pull her closer to me. I carry her out of the room and grab a sweater on my way out. I put the sweater on Andrea and move her hair out of her face.

"Andrea. You need to tell me what happened. Where I'd everyone?" I wait for her to respond but all she does is shake her head. I get my phone out and dial 911.

"911, what's your emergency?"

"My friend is bleeding and I don't know where the blood is coming from please send help!"

"We are sending an ambulance right now. Could you tell us where you are ma'am?" I tell her the address of the mall and she keeps talking to me, telling me to stay calm.

"Are you hurt as well? Or is it just your friend?"

"Just my friend. Please hurry." I hold Andrea close to me and hug her. Her breathing is slow ragged. I hear a faint siren and let out a shaky sigh. I hear the paramedics burst the door open and they run over to us. They grab Andrea and carry her outside. They put her on a bed and get her inside the ambulance. One of the paramedics extends his hand out asking if I want to go inside the ambulance. I take his hand and I sit down quietly staring at Andrea. My phone starts ringing and I answer not even caring to check who was calling me.

"Mia?" I start breaking down, it's Andrea's mom. I hear crying on the other line. "I heard what happened is my baby ok?" I nod even though she can't see me.

"S-she's o-ok. I'm so sorry mom." I had been calling her mom since as long as I could remember. She starts sobbing.

"I'm catching a flight right now. Can you please tell her I'll be there tomorrow morning?" I nod.

"Of course. I-i have to go. We're at t-the h-hospital."

"Ok. Te cuidas, y cuídame a mi Andrea."

"I always will. See you soon." We get to the hospital and they rush her into a room. I try to go inside but they won't let me. I finally give up and sit down in the waiting room. I decide to call Zabdiel.

"Hola Mia! Cómo estás chica?" I start crying again. "Mia? Qué pasó? Porque estás llorando?"

"Andrea..."

"Que le pasó a Andrea?" I hear shouts in the background and shuffling. "Mia? What happened to Andrea?" It's Richard.

"We're at t-the h-h-hospital..." I hear more shuffling.

"We're coming right now which one is it?" I tell him which hospital it is and he hands the phone back to Zabdiel.

"Zabdiel?" I say quietly, my voice barely audible.

"Si Mia?"

"Me puedes cantar una canción?"

"Claro que sí Mia." He starts singing and I close my eyes and rest my head against the wall. His voice was soothing and somehow calmed me. "Ya llegamos." I sit up and run to the front doors. I see them and run into Zabdiel's arms.

He gives me a big comforting hug and I let out a shaky sigh. I pull back and he wipes away my tears. He kisses my forehead and hugs me again. I pull away and hug Richard.

He starts crying and I cry with him. I hug him tightly and he hugs me tighter. I pull away and hug Erick. He gives me a kiss on the cheek. I pull away and he pecks my lips. I give him a weak smile and turn to Chris. He gives me a big bear hug and rubs my back comfortingly. I finally get to Joel and I collapse into his arms.

"I-it j-just h-happened, I w-was changing a-and she wasn't the-"

"Shhhhhh it's okay, she's going to be ok. You're going to be ok." Joel cuts me off. I sob into his chest, his shirt probably drenched in tears. He rubs my back as he hugs me and I pull away.

"W-we need to g-get back. T-they might call us."

Joel keeps his arm around me and I lay my head on his shoulder as we walk to the waiting room.