♡14♡

♡Ryan♡

I just got off the phone with Brendon and to say that I'm proud of him is an understatement.

He flushed all the coke he had down the toilet.

Dallon is the best thing that has ever happened to Brendon.

I walk into my living room to find Spencer channel surfing.

"I have a question for ya Spin." I say as I jump onto the couch next to my annoyed friend.

"What is it Ryan?" He grumbles as he changes the channel again.

"If Brendon stops doing drugs, will you start talking to him again?" I ask and Spencer rolls his eyes.

"We've talked about this before Ryan. I have no idea. Why are you even asking?" He says as his leg starts bouncing.

He usually does that when he's mad or annoyed.

"I just talked to Brendon and-"

"And what? He made another 'promise' to stop? He's not going to quite Ry! Just give up already!" Spencer yells.

The both of us sit there silently as I stare at him in disbelief.

"I was going to say that he might actually stop this time." I say as I look down to my lap.

"What makes you think that?" He asks skeptically.

"He flushed all of his coke a few hours ago. I even got proof from Dallon." I say quietly and look up to Spencer who looks surprised.

The look falls from his face only moments later as he scoffs.

"He probably has some hidden away wherever he's living." He says with a bitter laugh.

"Dallon checked every last corner of the apartment Spin! Can you not be proud of Brendon for one minute? Can you not support him? I actually believe he's going to quit and I'm sorry I'm proud of and excited for one of my best friends! He's really trying here Spencer. He misses you." I  snap, suddenly annoyed at how Spencer has been acting.

Spencer looked conflicted. He looked like he still cared about Brendon's well being but he didn't want to show it.

"W-why didn't he come to us? Why didn't he talk to us then? He could have told us that he wasn't happy and we could have helped him. He didn't do that though, huh?" Spencer sounded like he was about to cry at first but his sadness was masked with anger as he stormed out of my house and slammed the door.

I sigh and put my head in my hands.

Why the fuck is Spencer so fucking difficult?

I really do believe that Brendon will quit this time. He'll listen to Dallon and Dallon will do whatever it takes to get Brendon back to normal.

If Brendon never took drugs, he'd still be the same slightly annoying man child that we all knew and loved from high school but things don't work out like that.

Brendon will never be the same, even if he does really quit. Something about him will always be different. Some part of him will always be more serious.