Chapter: Sixteen

The Next Morning

Izz got up at six and went for a run. She put her phone on her playlist and ran for about an hour. She went home after. When she got home Joey was up.

"Morning Dad." Izz said hugging him.

"Morning Princess, I'm gonna guess you just went for a run"? Joey asked.

"Yeah, are you going somewhere"? Izz asked.

"I'm going to the gym, Daniel is upstairs in the shower".  Joey said walking to get his shoes.

"Okay".  Izz said going up to her room to change into her sweats.

Once she was done changing she walked out of her bedroom to see Daniel lying on the floor

"DAD"! Izz said as she ran over to him.

"I'm okay, just help me up".  Daniel said as she helped him up onto his bed.

"What happened"? Izz asked.

"I slipped".  Daniel said.

"Oh, well do you need anything"? Izz asked as she propped up his ankle.

"No I'm fine".  Daniel said.

"Alright, now I have something serious I want to talk about, and you and Joey will have to talk about it, and I know I start school later today cause she's coming at two, but I want to know if or when I can take me driver's test, after I read the handbook"? Izz asked.

"I would have to talk to Joey about it, but I will get back to you".  Daniel explained.

"Okay love you dad".  Izz said walking out of the room to go downstairs.

Two o'clock rolled around before Izz knew it. She got her notebooks and pen/pencils and went downstairs.

A few minutes later Miss Abigail was there.

"Hi nice to meet you I'm Miss Abigail, you must be Izz Graceffa"? Miss Abigail said as she shook Izz's hand.

"Hi yes, it's so nice to meet you too".  Izz said shaking her hand.

"Well let's get down to it, first are your parents here"? She asked.

"Yes one of my dad's is here, DAD"! Izz yelled.

Daniel came rushing downstairs.

"Oh hi, you must be her teacher, I'm sorry Joey isn't here".  Daniel said as they shook hands.

"Yes I am, and don't worry I just need to know that someone is here for me to sign some papers, and then from here on out we can expand her learning".  She said.

"Oh okay, well follow me".  Daniel said as they walked into the kitchen.

They sign some papers and talk about some stuff.

"Okay well it sounds like you have a good perspective of what you're doing I'll leave you two to it".  Daniel said.

Izz and Miss Abigail start algebra.

After a while they moved onto Language, and started going over the basics of book reports that will be coming up.

"Now, before I leave, do you have any questions for me"? She asked.

"I don't think so, but I do have a personal question"? Izz asked.

"And that is"? She asked.

"Do you have a daughter"? Izz asked.

"Yes I do, but she's moved out and she lives in Texas".  She explained.

"Oh ok".  She replied.

"Well today went well, I will see you on Monday".  She said.

"Okay, have a great weekend".  Izz said as she walked her to the door.

"You too".  Miss Abigail said.

After Miss Abigail left, Izz gathered her stuff and went up to her room. She went on her phone for a little bit. Then Joey came home, she ran downstairs and saw that his eyes were beat red.

"Joey what happened"? Izz asked.

"I was exercising with a band to stretch my muscles, and it snapped back and hit me in my eyes".  Joey explained.

"Ouch, are you okay"? Izz asked.

"Yeah, I just need to see Daniel".  Joey said as he walked upstairs with Izz following him.

Joey went into their room and explained to Daniel what happened, after a while Daniel remembered that they needed to talk about what Izz asked earlier.

"Hey Izz could you give us a minute"? Daniel asked.

"Yeah".  Izz said as she got up and shut their door.

"So there's something we need to talk about, Izz brought it up, and she does have a point she is 15".  Daniel explained.

"Alright and that is"? Joey asked.

He sighs and then explains.

"She wants to know when she can take her driver's test"? Daniel asked.

"Ah I knew she would ask eventually".  Joey said.

"Okay, so what do we do know"? Daniel asked.

"Well we could do some adult stuff".  Joey suggested as he pulled him in for a kiss.

"Mmmm that sounds good".  Daniel moaned as they kissed.

They made out for a little bit, and eventually went downstairs into the hotub.